• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is EXCITING!

156 posts in this topic

Awesome run! It's really fun to see how the title evolved through the 1940s. I like how the covers transitioned from pulp-style heroes, to superheroes, to superhero/war covers, to the airbrushed GGA/jungle covers, to western themes at the very end, mirroring some of the larger trends of the industry. Quite a range over its 68 issues.

Astounding collection.

I've kept an eye out for many of the great Schomburg covers in the run over the years and they rarely turn up.To see so many in high grade is such a treat. Thank you for sharing them!

Exciting4CGC50804x1280_zps7d91f0a9.jpg

I used to own a copy of this book that looked nearly identical. High grade but a water stain. Now every time I see this book it has the same water stain in the same location. Makes me wonder if it's the same copy moving around,or if there was a stack of these under a leaky roof.

I used to own a copy of this book that looked nearly identical. High grade but a water stain. Now every time I see this book it has the same water stain in the same location. Makes me wonder if it's the same copy moving around,or if there was a stack of these under a leaky roof.

There's definitely more than one. At one point, me and two other board members had nice copies with the same water stain.

There's definitely more than one. At one point, me and two other board members had nice copies with the same water stain.

Interesting. Thanks for the confirmation. Thinking about it, I'm not sure I've ever seen this book without the water stain.

If they all have a similar water stain, then it likely happened prior to distribution, and as such would be a "production flaw". You should all petition CGC to give you a four grade bump on resubmission, as they don't count those the same. ;)

If they all have a similar water stain, then it likely happened prior to distribution, and as such would be a "production flaw". You should all petition CGC to give you a four grade bump on resubmission, as they don't count those the same. ;)

Great example of the whole production flaw rigamarole!

Great run of this title......well done!

#4 is the Larson

I dabble in OA. Except for this page, I have not seen OA for Nedors. You folks seen any?

Oh, by the way, be careful of anyone who "girds" for action.....

145343.jpg.d168f44c8380b4b3c3323edec0920def.jpg

145345.jpg.e1c886718495c4f9c3027befe0b6170e.jpg

Need some help and maybe I can find it here. Anyone have an exciting comics 39 either in really poor condition or coverless but complete? Please let me know. Thanks.

You may also want to try the "Want to Buy" thread.