• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just have to bring this up again

385 posts in this topic

Kav. You said that you were a "shut in". What did you mean by that? Why? Are you injured?

i do have some medical issues but mostly i just don't wanna be around people. i stay home reading, drawing, watching movies and posting, since i found this forum. i'm psychologically self-sufficient so do not get lonely or anything though. my apt is clean however- i dont have like a hoarding thing going....I'm nice to my neighbors and buy christmas presents etc for their kids. I mostly like people, doing drawings for them, portraits etc I just don't want to spend much time away from my dwelling.

With Moderns having signed books is less common than having unsigned books, with older books having a crisp clean un-marked cover is preferable. Case closed?

Also Stan Lee is an Icon, I don't fault anyone who wants his autgraph but if you're getting him to sign and AF 15 is a different story.

EDIT: You know what, If I had an AF 15 and had the opportunity to meet Stan Lee and get it CGC'd I'd do it. It's Stan Lee signing HIS creation that makes it so much better than a a standard one in my books

It's a comic book. Stop being a bunch of babies. While I do not agree with having pedigrees signed, it's not my decision. But stop whining, the horse is beaten and removed. You are now beating a bottle of glue.

Stop it.

This stuff is great entertainment.

Truth.

Pressing threads from 2010 were WAAAYYYYYY better. This is just blah.

They are pretty much the same.

Nah, I think Pat's right. There was a certain authentic freshness to the butthurt back then that is sort of just mimicked today.

I can't stand it when people phone-in their butthurt.

Butthurt telecommuters?? :o

It's a comic book. Stop being a bunch of babies. While I do not agree with having pedigrees signed, it's not my decision. But stop whining, the horse is beaten and removed. You are now beating a bottle of glue.

Stop it.

Truth.

Nah, I think Pat's right. There was a certain authentic freshness to the butthurt back then that is sort of just mimicked today.

More like existential butthurt.

Stop it.

Truth.

More like existential butthurt.

I need to read what Jean-Paul Sartre has to say about it.

another thought I had on this-

there are 4 attributes of a collectible which makes them valuable, and which leads me to believe there's a Stan Lee bubble:

Rarity

Significance

Condition

Demand

with sigs they only have 2 of these attributes-significance and demand

rarity-no-stan lee's signature is not rare.

condition-no-it's writing on cover

I'm only talking about stan lee sigs here not steranko eg

I think there's a bubble

The only issue I have ever had is getting signatures on a book that has nothing to do with the person. Example being, I saw a Star Wars #1 with a Stan Lee signature for sale the other day, that one makes no sense to me. In the end its there book and can do whatever they want with it.

I have well over 200 books (95% of them are 9.4+) and several pieces of OA, published and unpublished, signed by Mike Royer, with MANY more to go. Most are signed on the first page. The only ones that aren't are signed on whatever page contains his work, including the cover. These were all signed in my presence- NONE of them are SS. They will never be broken up, assuming my heirs honor my wishes.

Mike isn't as big a name in comics as Stan Lee, but he's a good friend and that's all that matters to me. My goal is to have every issue he has ever worked on (pencils, inks, letters, whatever) and as many pages of OA I can get my hands on signed- though it's pretty unlikely these will include pages from his Kirby years.

When all is said and done, I think this will be one hell of a cool collection- certainly one of a kind. I simply don't see anyone looking at this collection in the future saying, "Why did he have these books ruined?"

2c

I have well over 200 books (95% of them are 9.4+) and several pieces of OA, published and unpublished, signed by Mike Royer, with MANY more to go. Most are signed on the first page. The only ones that aren't are signed on whatever page contains his work, including the cover. These were all signed in my presence- NONE of them are SS. They will never be broken up, assuming my heirs honor my wishes.

Mike isn't as big a name in comics as Stan Lee, but he's a good friend and that's all that matters to me. My goal is to have every issue he has ever worked on (pencils, inks, letters, whatever) and as many pages of OA I can get my hands on signed- though it's pretty unlikely these will include pages from his Kirby years.

When all is said and done, I think this will be one hell of a cool collection- certainly one of a kind. I simply don't see anyone looking at this collection in the future saying, "Why did he have these books ruined?"

2c

Well, to be fair, I would say that, but you shouldn't care what I think. Collect what you like. Even comics that are written on if that is your thing. :baiting:

Well most modern books lose all their value in about 6 months, so getting a book signed by a creator of the book or an all-time legend like Stan Lee can add value. Although, the signature series seems to only be popular some what on ebay & not so much at all on the other comic book auction houses.

I personally sold some modern Captain America comics that didn't really have a lot of book value but went for over $100 because they were signed by Joe Simon.