• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 129- grade is IN, shipped today. Any last guesses?

34 posts in this topic

I see 3 spine ticks, not sure which ones break color. Is that water on the very bottom of the back cover? If not, I really don't see how this would be even close to a 7.0

8.5, maybe 9.0.

Looks like it would benefit from a press

I see 3 spine ticks, not sure which ones break color. Is that water on the very bottom of the back cover? If not, I really don't see how this would be even close to a 7.0

8.5, maybe 9.0.

Definitely not water

A pretty good amount of NCB bends. None break color.

I'm curious to hear the reasoning behind the 7.0- I was surprised to read that

8.5, maybe 9.0.

Definitely not water

That is not a 7.0, on any planet. 9.0 but looks like pressable higher if you press out all of the back cover bends visible.

8.5, maybe 9.0.

Definitely not water

I graded it based on the book as it is not what it could be with a press and clean. Here is my detailed take on the book:

FRONT COVER:

You have small colour loss in the Spider-man Marvel logo (both the right and left leg area)

You have dimple and indentation just below the Punisher's right arm and on his right leg in the thigh area

There is also a small defect (dimple?) just below the "N" in ASSASSIN near the Punisher's left shin.

There are ten (10) spine stresses and at least four (4) show white below the yellow of the cover.

Both top and bottom corners on the spine side are abraded and there is some additional impact damage on the top cover LHS.

There is colour rub just below the word "MARVEL" in the Marvel Banner and the whole right hand top side of the front cover has finger prints.

The TRHC isn't the sharpest looking corner either.

There also appears to be a pinch in the "S" in the PUNISHER.

BACK COVER:

TLHC is creased

TRHC has a bend that is visible because of the change in light shadow. It doesn't break colour but I know it is there.

Spine tear at the top staple.

Small spine tear across from the encyclopedia's.

Minor impact damage on the LRHC and bottom cover.

The LLHC appears to be a printing defect (poorly trimmed)

On the LHS there is minor impact damage just up slightly and across from the Evel Knievel Winnibego.

I am aware that the large scans magnify but I am telling you what I see. The book is 7.0 as it sits IMHO! A clean and a press might get you the 8.0 or 8.5!

Sorry if the grade is not what you want to hear, but it is my opinion.smiley-gen130.gif

8.5, maybe 9.0.

Definitely not water

I graded it based on the book as it is not what it could be with a press and clean. Here is my detailed take on the book:

FRONT COVER:

You have small colour loss in the Spider-man Marvel logo (both the right and left leg area)

You have dimple and indentation just below the Punisher's right arm and on his right leg in the thigh area

There is also a small defect (dimple?) just below the "N" in ASSASSIN near the Punisher's left shin.

There are ten (10) spine stresses and at least four (4) show white below the yellow of the cover.

Both top and bottom corners on the spine side are abraded and there is some additional impact damage on the top cover LHS.

There is colour rub just below the word "MARVEL" in the Marvel Banner and the whole right hand top side of the front cover has finger prints.

The TRHC isn't the sharpest looking corner either.

There also appears to be a pinch in the "S" in the PUNISHER.

BACK COVER:

TLHC is creased

TRHC has a bend that is visible because of the change in light shadow. It doesn't break colour but I know it is there.

Spine tear at the top staple.

Small spine tear across from the encyclopedia's.

Minor impact damage on the LRHC and bottom cover.

The LLHC appears to be a printing defect (poorly trimmed)

On the LHS there is minor impact damage just up slightly and across from the Evel Knievel Winnibego.

I am aware that the large scans magnify but I am telling you what I see. The book is 7.0 as it sits IMHO! A clean and a press might get you the 8.0 or 8.5!

Sorry if the grade is not what you want to hear, but it is my opinion.smiley-gen130.gif

My curiousity has been satisfied!! I appreciate your honest assessment!

I never "want to hear" anything other than a reasonable grade, and I'll never attack someone for giving it a shot.

In this case, we'll see the result when it comes back and I surely hope you are grading tight.

That being said- when are you gonna put up a sales thread? I must buy from you now!

Thanks Tim, unnecessary but exhaustive and appreciated response

Thanks Brad! I truly hope my assessment is way too harsh and that what I am seeing is grossly overstated.

All the best in the submission and I pray I am wrong.

Please keep us all posted!

Cheers!

Tim

Oh, I'm only a collector. I've never sold a book in my life! :o

I am also curious what this book comes back graded, please let us know. GLCBrad, I am not downplaying your book at all, it is very beautiful, I really mean that. But I have a CGC Graded 8.5 that has much, much less activity than the one I see in your scan with no color breaks at all. I bought this book from my LCS (Dvillebookstore, a member here) and I even told him CGC undergraded this book before I purchased it from him. I hope you get the best derserving grade, but if it hits an 8.5 or higher, then mine is definitely going to be resubbed.

btw... mine is an SS Series, so I will probably have to send it to Matt Nelson.