• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck cutting prices....Believe it when I see it.

107 posts in this topic

Just checked a couple books I was interested in, still WAY over priced. If they did adjusted prices they need to adjust some more. lol

Even with the 50% discount they are twice what I can buy them for elsewhere

That is Chuckle's business model!

And he does a damn fine job of doing that. I think he makes such grand announcements to drive lookers to his site.Looks like he succeeds each time. And you know some will spend some money when they check out his site. All he needs is just a few suckers that get sucked in by his hype. He certainly knows how to get plenty of free publicity and stay in the public's eye.

yeah - with his prices, even if he gets 65% less business than his competitors, he is making the same amount of money.

-slym

chuck did this a few years ago as part of an agreement of some sort for some never explained partnership blah blabh blah. He was back to full price + codeword sales in a month.

hows the grading on NM moderns at Milehigh?

any chance at some 9.6/9.8 if I buy NM raw?

I would guess in the 5 to 10% and they would have to be much later books. His books are all stored in boxes with no boards with employees and customers rifling through them.

Are his comicon prices any better? Does he at least negotiate downwards to actual market prices at cons?

It sounds like his philosophy is set his prices at 25 years from now levels and wait for someone to come along and buy it or wait for the prices to eventually get there. Like if it was 1964 and he had last years AF15's for sale for $2000 or more. Maybe he figures he'll just set the prices now and wait for time to catch up.

I would guess in the 5 to 10% and they would have to be much later books. His books are all stored in boxes with no boards with employees and customers rifling through them.

:eek:

I appreciate everyone chiming in on this. I think it's telling that there has only been one positive post about MHC so far. I was going to spend a few hundred on some stuff that was actually accurately priced before the coupon, but I'm not interested if it is misgraded.

:eek:

I appreciate everyone chiming in on this. I think it's telling that there has only been one positive post about MHC so far. I was going to spend a few hundred on some stuff that was actually accurately priced before the coupon, but I'm not interested if it is misgraded.

The vibe im getting is if you get a good price its @ a (really) bad grade. If you get a good grade, you better be Warren Buffets favorite nephew.

There was a period of time about seven years ago or so when all the slabs were listed without notation of pedigree. I thought that sort of hilarious, even if the prices were still way over what they should have been

Why did Lone Star close their shops and become a web only company?

Times change. Adapt or go the way of the Dodo.

With digital comics and trade paperback much more popular then ever why would this surprise anyone?

The comic book boom is over.

You mean those digital sales which are levelling off and those trade paperback sales that are declining? Oh, and comic book sales increasing? :baiting:

MHC is overpriced, overgraded, and outdated. Its like this guy is living in the past. He whines about bad weather and lost sales, Wake up chuck there are guys out there selling books that crush him in every aspect of retail. I really don't know how he stays in business probably living of the killing he made on those famous collections. I don't care if he fixes it I will never ever buy a book from this guy because of the way he has done previous business. His Ebay listings are the same .... Overgraded and overpriced with zero detail. The Newstand bla bla and the inflated prices for them is ridiculous as well.

Hey, you can get an FF 4 CGC 2.0 for a mere $800 before the codeword, $400 after and that's still 30% above GPA.

FF 5 GCG 2.0 for $1,000 before codeword, $500 after. Only $64 above GPA.

ASM 1 CGC 4.0 is $7K after discount, GPA is $3805.00.

At least he's not asking $75 for a raw Alpha Flight 1 anymore.

Why did Lone Star close their shops and become a web only company?

Times change. Adapt or go the way of the Dodo.

With digital comics and trade paperback much more popular then ever why would this surprise anyone?

The comic book boom is over.

You mean those digital sales which are levelling off and those trade paperback sales that are declining? Oh, and comic book sales increasing? :baiting:

Sales are increasing for most publishers, excluding two of course.

I've heard of MHC and am vaguely familiar with it, very vaguely. I'd like to know what the general consensus is of this guy?

Majority dislike him? love him? Hate him? Hate what he does? Whats the deal.

The only thing he ever did was find a load of comics in a Colorado basement,even then he ripped the guy off. :tonofbricks: