• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Low Grade BB28!

18 posts in this topic

Just bought this off a boardie, and am curious what everyone thinks. I buy my books, and keep them forever for the most part, but still wondering where this guy would grade.

Pics tell most of the story, but the cover is attached by tape, not on either staple. Book is complete.

Front: http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/rockymullins/media/bb28.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Rear: http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/rockymullins/media/bb28back.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Thanks to 01thedude for inserting the pics! Curious on the .5's...I would think a complete copy would rank at least a 1.0?

Cover detached looks like first maybe second wrap has spine split. A decent chunk of paper loss from cover.

Break down

the chunk out of front top left hand cover would bring an almost perfect book down to a 4.0

the piece missing bottom left hand corner of front page, the piece missing by wondor womens pants, piece out bottom edge and right bottom corner would bring it down to a 2.0. Back cover has piece missing top right, bottom right and bottom edge. On the left hand edge there is a tear where another piece is just holding on. so brings it down to a 1.0

And 10 pieces of sticky tape on the cover brings it down to a .5

So I think .5 maybe a 1.0 but no higher

Still a cool book, I don't have one and this book would be ideal due to price.

Maybe I'm a bit harsh with the grade.

Still all complete (thumbs u

That's my typical thinking also....for a book to be a .5. I usually look for missing pages or no cover.

Nonetheless I appreciate every opinion...I'm just glad I now have this in my collection!

no doubt-- the brightside of having a book this beat up is you can enjoy it as a reader.

I have kept a couple of no cover ones since I was a kid -- Silver Surfer 1, Astonishing Tales 25 (Deathlok), and some really ragged out TOS #63 that for a very long time was my oldest book in the collection--- with all it's rips, missing pieces and tape-- lol I eventually got a replacement in about 3.5 to 4 shape, but the beater copy still has it's place in the collection.