• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dude, you're getting a Dell!

263 posts in this topic

Hepcat...you inspired me to dig out my single copy of Indian Chief (#14) and look at it. Not as nice as yours by a long shot...I never appreciated that title until I saw all those you posted. Pretty cool...

+1 nearly unbelievable if we had not seen em!

Just a smidgen before the Silver Age. :tonofbricks:

FourC_397.jpg

Hepcat, those Indian Chiefs... Oh my goodness those covers are amazing!!! Is the inside as sweet as the outside?

Sadly no. Rarely does any Dell interior artwork come close to the quality of the beautiful painted covers.

:(

If you like the Indian Chief covers, you'll probably like these Turok cover scans as well:

Turok13.jpg

Turok18.jpg

Turok19.jpg

Turok26.jpg

23-05-201182303PM.jpg

Turok29.jpg

:)

Now these are Silver age:

fc1231DangerMan_zpsb1a9c66e.jpg

Thanks for posting this!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know that copy of Four Color/Danger Man existed. Of course, now I see it's listed in Overstreet as plain as day.

It's interesting that after launching the Gold Key imprint, Western Printing published a couple more comics featuring John Drake but with the Secret Agent title under which the British Danger Man series ran on U.S. network TV. Here from my collection is a scan of issue #2:

10-06-201245157PM.jpg

:juggle:

mc1_zpsb0e185dd.jpg

So happy to finally see a HG copy of this posted....anywhere.

I've looked high and low for this book in 9.4 or better......and again, I've never held one over a 9.2!! Another great movie and the cover is awesome in my eyes. I'm very bias because my Father used to be into falconry when I was little and I spent a lot of time in our flight pens and the field with him, with goshawks, coopers, red tails, red shoulders and falcons. I must keep looking.

In the meantime - B E A Utiful book and copy!! Thank-you for sharing!!!

After the advent of this awesome, mouth watering thread, I had to pull the trigger on this bute from our fellow Dell aficionado Timetrapper.

Thanks everyone for the peer pressure!! :insane:lol

8B4D546C-E361-4DE7-A791-8D60A8BA8B77_zpsej6zus7y.jpg

Whatever you paid, you got a deal. That is a gorgeous book in wonderful condition!!! I gotta find one of those too!

I got it from a Heritage weekly auction about 2 years ago. I put in what I thought was a low ball bid of $90. I couldn't believe I won it at that price.

It was a great movie, just like all the Vincent Price movies from the 60's & 70's.

mc1_zpsb0e185dd.jpg

So happy to finally see a HG copy of this posted....anywhere.

I've looked high and low for this book in 9.4 or better......and again, I've never held one over a 9.2!! Another great movie and the cover is awesome in my eyes. I'm very bias because my Father used to be into falconry when I was little and I spent a lot of time in our flight pens and the field with him, with goshawks, coopers, red tails, red shoulders and falcons. I must keep looking.

In the meantime - B E A Utiful book and copy!! Thank-you for sharing!!!