• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
35 35

6,586 posts in this topic

I don't usually have much praise for photo covers

Dr Love: The Force is strong with damonwad. But he does not like the photocovers.

Sqeggs: If he could be turned, he would become a powerful ally.

Dr. Love: [intrigued] Yes... He would be a great asset. Can it be done?

Sqeggs: He will join us or die, master.

Dr Love: The Force is strong with damonwad. But he does not like the photocovers.

lol

A tough decision but I guess I'll choose to live.

where to begin? hours of fun with Marvel. Their campy photocovers, across all genres, are da bomb. Speaking of which...one of you guys tried to pry the True Western #1 out of my sweaty palms on CL the other day. Chris? Tony? (tsk)

MyLove03fc100_zps4b23cae7.jpg

Not me. I completely missed it.

lol

.... but is it really "life"...... or just an inwardly refractive sub atomic illusion (shrug) ...... meanwhile, back at the ranch, if we were to "cut to the chase"..... I find that Quality's photo covers are by far the best..... with the Forbidden Love batch deservedly achieving Classic Cult status.....as evidenced by Dr Love and his legions of Acolytes at the Alter of Lust and Power :luhv: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You have chosen...wisely.

The feather becomes you, my dear

HollywoodDiary03fc100_zps53910bd4.jpg

lol After seeing this one, we've probably lost damonwad forever!

The feather in her hair sure looks a lot better than the pile of dog on the head of the woman laying on the bed of skulls on Jo-Jo #8.

where to begin? hours of fun with Marvel. Their campy photocovers, across all genres, are da bomb. Speaking of which...one of you guys tried to pry the True Western #1 out of my sweaty palms on CL the other day. Chris? Tony? (tsk)

MyLove03fc100_zps4b23cae7.jpg

Not me. I completely missed it.

I had a tracking bid on it but missed the real bidding.

The under bidder really cost you on that one. Ouch.

I like this My Love #3. It's the typical "two people gazing into each other's eye's" cover that I can't stand, and there are a lot of those.

lol

.... but is it really "life"...... or just an inwardly refractive sub atomic illusion (shrug) ...... meanwhile, back at the ranch, if we were to "cut to the chase"..... I find that Quality's photo covers are by far the best..... with the Forbidden Love batch deservedly achieving Classic Cult status.....as evidenced by Dr Love and his legions of Acolytes at the Alter of Lust and Power :luhv: GOD BLESS...

"Inwardly refractive sub atomic illusion"..... Hulk's head hurts.

I haven't done a real comparison between publishers to know for sure which I prefer for photo covers, but I really like Forbidden, Flaming and Untamed Love from Quality. I'd probably lean toward the publisher with the most odd ball, quirky type covers though.

Or we could just say the publisher with the most tight sweaters wins.

I'm a total package guy ..... and for a book to be a keeper, it has to be cover to cover...... and the Quality stable really could deliver on the interiors in my opinion. Often, you'd get Crandall, Fox, Ward, Gustavson, etc...... and they were all consummate pros..... so I'm drawn to them the most. GOD BLESS...

I'm a total package guy ..... and for a book to be a keeper, it has to be cover to cover...... and the Quality stable really could deliver on the interiors in my opinion. Often, you'd get Crandall, Fox, Ward, Gustavson, etc...... and they were all consummate pros..... so I'm drawn to them the most. GOD BLESS...

I was just talking about the photo covers themselves, but taking interiors into account would definitely be a huge plus for Quality (I haven't read a Fox romance story though).

I thought Timely/Marvel might have a bunch of photo covers with interiors by Heath, Shores, Severin, Colan, etc... but it doesn't look like it (after checking Atlas tales).

I've never owned a FL 2...but the 1st issue is a pretty decent comic inside.... very well done. GOD BLESS...

A Ward cover with Ward interior is definitely a keeper.

:cloud9:

But those photo covers.... who would want those nasty things ? I remember about 20 years ago, Bender's got in a Romance collection and I had to settle for sloppy seconds because my buddy Rick got there first...... he took all the Bakers and Wards, but left all the photo covers.... like those dull lifeless Forbidden Love books..... and other junque like the book below.... GOD BLESS...

9yKNCsY.jpg

But those photo covers.... who would want those nasty things ? I remember about 20 years ago, Bender's got in a Romance collection and I had to settle for sloppy seconds because my buddy Rick got there first...... he took all the Bakers and Wards, but left all the photo covers.... like those dull lifeless Forbidden Love books..... and other junque like the book below.... GOD BLESS...

9yKNCsY.jpg

:applause: What a great looking book.

Lucky your buddy Rick didn't like this kind of junque.

Rick was my evil arch enemy/friend who I loved and hated.....that little "johnny on the spot" bastiche. He beat me to a high grade Startling 49 for 300 bucks once :boo: GOD BLESS...

9yKNCsY.jpg

Whoa! Never seen that one before.

Rick was my evil arch enemy/friend who I loved and hated.....that little "johnny on the spot" bastiche. He beat me to a high grade Startling 49 for 300 bucks once :boo: GOD BLESS...

Ouch. Not getting that #49 had to hurt. NEWMAN... RICK.....