• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,451 posts in this topic

Sorry if this was posted before, but anyway I don't see this Avon coming up for sale all that often.

GrswbHm.jpg

Very nice. Probably a repurposed paperback cover. hm

I suspect that a lot of these painted covers originally appeared somewhere else. Regardless, some of them are sooooo beautiful, it's love at first sight. :luhv::foryou:

Just picked up this lovely Crippen copy...

rea15.42a.jpg

When we were young men....we would sometimes leaf through the Love Books..... ReCon so to speak...... to provide clues as to what those beautiful, mysterious creatures might be up to......... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks LL. Your recent posts and atomic50's are great to see here. There's always a little room in the man cave for a few romance! It's not GGA, but we like it, like it, yes we do!

Well, if you define GGA as "a style of artwork in which attractive female characters of comic books are rendered in a lush manner and are shown in provocative situations and locations" then I would say that a lot of these Romance covers would qualify. hm

I will have to say that I am attracted to these romance comics for the exact same reason that I'm attracted to GGA: beautifully illustrated females. :luhv:

When we were young men....we would sometimes leaf through the Love Books..... ReCon so to speak...... to provide clues as to what those beautiful, mysterious creatures might be up to......... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You know what's strange? I honestly don't remember seeing any romance books on the shelves/spinner racks in the 1960s, but I'm sure they must have been there. I guess they just didn't register on me.

We can't have this thread on the second page :screwy:

Here's a happy recent pick-up. I find this particular title Secret Story Romances difficult to find. No wonder folks have "flocked" to the JVJ listings on eBay. I'd rather do it the hard way and pick them here and there.

This is # 3 with a solid interior line-up: Jay Scott Pike, Joe Sinnott, Ayers and Mike Sekowsky behind the Hartley cover.

Gotta love the "When Kenny kissed me!" story. I miss Kenny posting more often :sorry:

This book has one of the ugliest masthead out there with the after-thought of Romances boxing out into the art

Secret%20Story%20Romances%203_zpsujv7nuao.jpg