• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,451 posts in this topic

+1 I've never seen that one before. What's up Richard, you branching out into "love" books now?

I've always loved dabbling in books. I'm just starting to scan the less he-man among them.

romanticmarriage9.jpg

That series had a couple of Baker covers. I really like this one.

268ajpg-original_zps10890e7d.jpeg

Love it.

And the Romantic Hearts 9 from earlier - looks equal to or better than Flex's 7.0 high census copy that sold on CL last year I think it was.

What was the selling price on that 7.0, BTW? I meant to track that one.

Not sure - but Jimbo had it and sold it in April on a sales thread, asking price $1000

It went to the underbidder (who wishes to remain anonymous) in the Clink Auction...... that was about what I paid for it with shipping and all...

Thanks guys! Good to know.

boymeetsgirl7.jpg

Whoa! Another sensational cover I've never seen.

Definitely be on the lookout for any painted cover Lev Gleason romance. Most of them are spectacular.

loverslane7.jpg

Very very cool. Never owned a copy of this one.

I think drive-in covers are rare. There must be others, but only this one comes to mind. This is the Superior copy of Star's School Day Romances #3.

PopTeenagers03f_zpsvimu1eyu.jpg

Jane Powell, sure. But who the heck was Scotty Beckett?

I think drive-in covers are rare. There must be others, but only this one comes to mind. This is the Superior copy of Star's School Day Romances #3.

Nice copy - Canadian version? I have the US one, not as sharp though. Not a drive-in, but close!

71rcp3.jpg

Jane Powell, sure. But who the heck was Scotty Beckett?

His bio is pretty fascinating - former child star, with a spotty career in film and television as an adult and numerous run ins with the law for everything from drunk driving, drug running, check kiting and assault. he finally died of a barbiturate overdose at age 39, more than a decade after his last acting job.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0065717/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

Cool cheapie the mailman brought me yesterday. Anybody know of any other "drive-in" covers? I don't mean carhops serving food. I do have some of those. I mean drive-in theatres.

comsweethearts39_zpst61uyrjq.jpg

Have you ever seen Who killed Teddy Bear? Creepy cult film starring Sal Mineo.

Nice copy - Canadian version? I have the US one, not as sharp though. Not a drive-in, but close!

71rcp3.jpg

The "Plus" Word bubble almost makes it look like this guy is wearing his hair in a bun. :D