• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,451 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, sagii said:

Yeah, it's very noticeable in the pics. Just given how tough the series is (especially 2 &3) it'll be interesting to see how much an affect on the hammer price it will have. 

Tough book, hard to say - brittleness is a big no-no for me, so not bidding.

For what it's worth, I sent him a question a few days ago about whether the cover was brittle.  I received no response, but he did add more pictures.

Seems lame to me for a veteran seller to dodge the issue of brittleness. 

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

For what it's worth, I sent him a question a few days ago about whether the cover was brittle.  I received no response, but he did add more pictures.

You know Ebay :jaws:

He got in a nice collection of Fawcetts a couple of  years ago and had them graded, so it's not that he's so old school that he never sends anything in to get graded.  I have a suspicion that he didn't send this book in because he was pretty sure what the result would be. 

9 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

For what its worth I've bought tons from him over the years never had any issues.

Gang...could one of you post a link please?I've tried searching a tonne of times,even by seller,and I STILL can't find it.What started out as curious interest to watch is now just driving me bananas. :insane:

I don't know if it's because i'm in Canada or what,but it just wont appear for me.

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

The seller has a lot of browning books, bit concerned that it may have some brittleness. 

It looked like it may well be brittle to me.

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Gang...could one of you post a link please?I've tried searching a tonne of times,even by seller,and I STILL can't find it.What started out as curious interest to watch is now just driving me bananas. :insane:

I don't know if it's because i'm in Canada or what,but it just wont appear for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Negro-Romances-2-Super-Rare-African-Americana-Comic-/152592656077?hash=item23873b26cd:g:p5AAAOSw6ShZSGxd

Maybe that's a word now banned in Canada?

Edited by ThothAmon

4 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Thank you very much!

What an ordeal..it made me resign in and all,I don't get it.

Ah well,I feel better,merci.

Edited by porcupine48

19 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

He got in a nice collection of Fawcetts a couple of  years ago and had them graded, so it's not that he's so old school that he never sends anything in to get graded.  I have a suspicion that he didn't send this book in because he was pretty sure what the result would be. 

exactly

1 hour ago, Hap Hazard said:

Romantic Hearts # 9 1954 cat fight cover

Romantic Hearts #9 001.jpg

Very nice!

A lower-grade copy with softer color and what looks to me like rather wonky edges... just sold on ebay for $510.

3 hours ago, Point Five said:

Very nice!

A lower-grade copy with softer color and what looks to me like rather wonky edges... just sold on ebay for $510.

Sometimes it pays to put books like that up for auction. I'm guessing if it had been put out at a $350 BIN it would still be sitting there. 

5 hours ago, Point Five said:

Very nice!

Wow! Glad I still have my lower grade copy. It should get classic cover status.

On 7/2/2017 at 3:46 AM, comicnoir said:
On 7/1/2017 at 10:20 PM, Point Five said:

Very nice!

Wow! Glad I still have my lower grade copy. It should get classic cover status.

It seems to have really taken off.