• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,451 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, MrBedrock said:

Dang, those are pretty.

Thanks.  I actually didn't know I had them.  I bought a bunch of romance books months (I hope it wasn't years!) ago.  Finally got around to taking a look at them.  Some issues I don't recall having seen copies of before. 

17 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Kinstler?

If not, he did contribute a knockout inside cover to this issue.

2017-07-12-0001_zps2omzhrcx.jpgIMG_0546_zpsa4r1xhe3.jpg

Nice Kinstler books Sqeggs.  I especially like the inside front covers he did for Avon. Like this one, they're almost always excellent.

I'd also recommend the Kinstler bio by Jim Vadeboncoeur, Jr.  Very interesting and full of great examples of Kinstler's art.

13 hours ago, sagii said:

Strong price for the Atlas 'My Own Romance #32' on eBay tonight. Was watching but got so caught up in the news cycle tonight i missed the close. Sure the double cover didn't hurt :wink:

Speaking of strong Atlas prices, a VG/F copy of Girl Confessions #26 sold for $537. a couple weeks ago on eBay

s-l1600.jpg

7 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

Glad I won this copy on eBay years ago for a fraction of the recent sale...

GirlConfessions26.jpg

Nice. Didn't realize people were hunting for that one. 

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Nice. Didn't realize people were hunting for that one. 

Great composition. Intriguing color use. Campy as stated earlier. Eyes don't lie. People are discovering books that make their eyes pop and subsequently are making their wallets pop. 

1 hour ago, bounty_coder said:

Great composition. Intriguing color use. Campy as stated earlier. Eyes don't lie. People are discovering books that make their eyes pop and subsequently are making their wallets pop. 

As soon as I saw it I wanted it. And if I want it there are others.

8 hours ago, comicnoir said:

As soon as I saw it I wanted it. And if I want it there are others.

That's precisely what I said when I first saw this one... another book that recently had a strong sale for a lower grade copy, as recently noted in this thread.  Just one of those outstanding covers.  The classics engender themselves. 

RomanticHearts9.jpg

4 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

That's precisely what I said when I first saw this one... another book that recently had a strong sale for a lower grade copy, as recently noted in this thread.  Just one of those outstanding covers.  The classics engender themselves. 

RomanticHearts9.jpg

This was the second series with this name ( this one published by Master Comics, the previous by Story Comics).

While this one is clearly the star of the run there are other very alluring covers in this run too. Including one I'm chasing relentlessly :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, sagii said:

This was the second series with this name ( this one published by Master Comics, the previous by Story Comics).

While this one is clearly the star of the run there are other very alluring covers in this run too. Including one I'm chasing relentlessly :ph34r:

V2 #8 is another favorite of mine (scan below borrowed from the DCM).  Many of the other covers (and interior work, too) are really, really nice.  

RomHearts8.jpg