• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #45

13 posts in this topic

My apologies the 5.5 is harsh, closer look says 6.5, the spine looks good, just can't really see the extend of the defect on the lower right, and along the top I can't tell if those are defects or just the coloring.(right above "greatest" & "azine" in Magazine. Then again I'm really looking with a microscope, also don't know if the scan brigs out defects or its the issue.

What I mean is I had a Batman Adventures where the scan made it look worse than it was, but in person it wasn't as noticeable and came back a 9.2.

That said on the top, if those aren't defects, then yeah legitimate 7.0 range, if they are defects, I COULD see CGC knocking it to a 6.5.

Sorry bout my 5.5 :insane:

My apologies the 5.5 is harsh, closer look says 6.5, the spine looks good, just can't really see the extend of the defect on the lower right, and along the top I can't tell if those are defects or just the coloring.(right above "greatest" & "azine" in Magazine. Then again I'm really looking with a microscope, also don't know if the scan brigs out defects or its the issue.

What I mean is I had a Batman Adventures where the scan made it look worse than it was, but in person it wasn't as noticeable and came back a 9.2.

That said on the top, if those aren't defects, then yeah legitimate 7.0 range, if they are defects, I COULD see CGC knocking it to a 6.5.

Sorry bout my 5.5 :insane:

if you click on it should be high res blow up of the scan.

I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person sometimes. (60% of the time, all the time)

It does look like a defect though, but only you can tell me if the scan really brings it out. I'd say if CGC wants to be mean they could hit you with a 6.5, but I would say a 7.0 is likely, maybe 7.5. Personally I don't see an 8.0. But then again, I'm not one of the top graders here, as evidence by my moronic first assessment.