• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another PGX grading job well done!

59 posts in this topic

For the PGX though ugly it might be a 7.0. Most of it's ugly is due to Marvel chipping which gets way too much of a pass in my book.

For the CGC Hulks the reason they are so "cheap" is that they are 6.0's. For some reason the price of a book spikes between 6.0 and 7.0. GPA for Hulk 1-6 in 6.0 is around 12k. In 7.0 it's around 24k.

For the PGX though ugly it might be a 7.0. Most of it's ugly is due to Marvel chipping which gets way too much of a pass in my book.

That is in no shape, way or form a 7.0 book...more of a weak 6.0 IMO

Yea the color breaks on the crease are pretty bad. I don't see it even being a 6.0

That is in no shape, way or form a 7.0 book...more of a weak 6.0 IMO

:roflmao:

That book isn't a 7.0 in a Bizarro Universe, and it would not surprise me if was a cracked out resto book they upgraded. Looks more in a 5.5 range to me. Way to much stress on the spine and the chipping is pretty severe too.

Ok, so maybe not a 7.0. But I'd be surprised if it fell below a 6.0. That's not to say I'd be happy with it at 6.0. To be honest I'm not sure I'd buy it at 4.0, but I hate Marvel chipping.

That's why even a 6.0 is total BS - it's a 3.0 :sumo:

Ok, so maybe not a 7.0. But I'd be surprised if it fell below a 6.0. That's not to say I'd be happy with it at 6.0. To be honest I'm not sure I'd buy it at 4.0, but I hate Marvel chipping.

that would be the grade I would give it.

I'm fairly certain this is the same book that Ryan Elliott (aka djbrady4u) was trying to sell for a while. He was trying to sell another 7.0 to Harley or Terry, and they didn't want anything to do with it. Hell, it might have been the same book.

Why take a supposedly $20,000 book and immediately downgrade its value by sending it to PGX? What am I not getting? Probably the fact it's not a $20,000 book. Who knows?

If it really is a 7, it's a epically bad move. If it's really a 5, it's brilliant. Not sure where that leaves the buyer.

that would be the grade I would give it.

No way is that a 3.0

Nice back cover, just the Marvel chipping holding it back

You can pooh pooh on Marvel chipping all you want, majority give it a pass, especially CGC. maybe not fair but dat's the way it is.