• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your one big regret that still bites you in the *ahem* spoon?

100 posts in this topic

Doesn't matter if it is comics or art I really don't mind the stuff that is out of my league, that I can accept without a problem. It's the ones that got away that I can't seem to shake. You know? Coulda, shoulda, woulda.... I honestly thought that after 2 - 3 years I wouldn't be so bothered but I can't let go. Seems as though I love returning to this hobby and hate it at the same time.

For me it''s 3 Knightfall pages that I missed out on which I doubt will ever surface again, almost certainly not for the same price.

Having to move back home after our restaurant failed in NYC.

-slym

NYC is a cruel mistress. I had to move back home after a failed business venture in NYC back in 2009. Took a few years to get back up again, and life is good - but I'll always miss the city.

Having to move back home after our restaurant failed in NYC.

-slym

NYC is a cruel mistress. I had to move back home after a failed business venture in NYC back in 2009. Took a few years to get back up again, and life is good - but I'll always miss the city.

If you can make it there

You'll make it anywhere!

It's up to you

New York, New York!!!

Where was your restaurant Slym? That's a tough biz, especially around here.

Comic related: I sold a huge portion of my collection awhile back, so I have various degrees of regret on some books, but the one that really bugs me is selling off a JSC sketch on a DIY Gen 13 sketch cover. I sold it because I was selling everything else along with it. Shoulda kept that one...

My biggest regret was not buying a bunch of pre-Robin Tecs in 1980 from Hal Verb when he had a booth a small, local convention. I was only a kid and most of us dumb kids only had New X-men books in our focus.

Still pains me to think of all those books. :boo:

When I was in high school, I allowed a dealer to rip me off. I mean, I was a kid, so he should have known better and not been a rip off artist. But I also knew better, it's just that as a teenager, I didn't have the self-control yet to turn down the deal even though I knew it was unfair. I just HAD TO HAVE the thing he was trading me and got completely fleeced as a result.

Just reflecting back on all of those girls I probably should have banged in high school....oh...wait....uhhhh

I'm too young to be like "Should have kept my AF15 that I got off the shelf!" Even too young for all these guys ITT saying they should have kept their TMNTs. Right now, it's probably not getting a Francavilla sketch at Megacon last year, since I have no idea if i'll ever see him again. That and some guy had a GL#1 (SA) for like $250 (although the price probably gets lower every time I reflect on it) on here...really messed up not getting that. Oh and I JUST sold my copy of Daredevil #1, so right now I'm dealing with seller's remorse and hoping everything pans out through ebay.

Comic related, selling my higher grade x-men 94 to complete a run of a title I no longer read or care about.

non-comic related selling my 68 Barracuda /sigh I miss that car, it was the first one I ever built

2s7dkp3.jpg

1) I sold two nice copies of Dime Press #4 that I wanted to slab but was too lazy. Guy who bought them got them graded and e-mailed the results (9.4 & 9.6). I got $200 for the pair. He sold them for $3500.

2) Passed on 5 copies of Ultimate Spider-Man 1 (white variant cover) for $10 a piece.

3) Overlooked a full long box of (overstock) Watchmen comics. There had to be 25 copies of each number, all (or most) in high grade (uncirculated). And this was 5 months before the movie came out.

4) Not holding on to my Walking Dead CGC 9.8 for one more year.

WOW! That was quite cathartic.

Meck