• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anthony Castrillo thread shut down

154 posts in this topic

Speedy-D

When you say that there are 11 outstanding sketches that will be accepted by CGC, and eventually make their way to those that commissioned them.

Who are you talking about? Who are the 11 people/screen names that are "the eleven"?

Personally, I never understood why the moderators did not ban Castrillo years ago. Although I do appreciate that they did not. So some could get their due refunds/commissions.

But people have been banned for much less than was demonstrated herein.

I am torn. Banning him seemed to be the obvious thing to do, considering the magnitude of infraction. Yet, I was really happy for those you helped see "something" for their previously paid out money.

It is a conundrum for sure.

Not that it's been all that secretive, but I don't want to name people. If they want to volunteer themselves they're welcome to do so, but as far as I'm concerned that's between us.

I just wish CGC could have waited for us to get everything finished. The system I had going was pretty effective and relatively easy, and it was all free (aside from some Paypal fees).

There were some at CGC who wanted to shut the whole thing down: no more submissions at all, not even "The Eleven;" no submissions in the future in any way; no help getting refunds out. So I'm grateful that I had some advocacy over there, tempering that harsh position.

The Grateful Dead: The Eleven :banana:

Speedy-D

When you say that there are 11 outstanding sketches that will be accepted by CGC, and eventually make their way to those that commissioned them.

Who are you talking about? Who are the 11 people/screen names that are "the eleven"?

Personally, I never understood why the moderators did not ban Castrillo years ago. Although I do appreciate that they did not. So some could get their due refunds/commissions.

But people have been banned for much less than was demonstrated herein.

I am torn. Banning him seemed to be the obvious thing to do, considering the magnitude of infraction. Yet, I was really happy for those you helped see "something" for their previously paid out money.

It is a conundrum for sure.

I'm one of the eleven. :)

If I'm wrong, please correct me, but didn't AC take the money up front in good faith? He should do whatever it takes to make people whole after two years. It always left a bad taste seeing new work sold to pay for work that had been owed for two years.

Why don't the eleven who're owed just get together and sue the guy? Is that even a legitimate option?

If I'm wrong, please correct me, but didn't AC take the money up front in good faith? He should do whatever it takes to make people whole after two years. It always left a bad taste seeing new work sold to pay for work that had been owed for two years.

Why don't the eleven who're owed just get together and sue the guy? Is that even a legitimate option?

Personally, I have found that with many artists----once they have the money, there's little room for motivation to do the work. I've recently done work with a few who refused anything up front---not even a deposit. I was asked to wait till the work was done. And it worked out just fine.

There are a few artists that I worked with a few years ago, I made the mistake of paying everything up front and then it was like pulling teeth to get the work done.

Nintendo, PS3 and XBox are the enemy. :sumo:

IF you know what I mean.

Personally, I have found that with many artists----once they have the money, there's little room for motivation to do the work. I've recently done work with a few who refused anything up front---not even a deposit. I was asked to wait till the work was done. And it worked out just fine.

There are a few artists that I worked with a few years ago, I made the mistake of paying everything up front and then it was like pulling teeth to get the work done.

IF you know what I mean.

:gossip: Casey's been mocking me for helping out with this stuff for a while now. I imagine this is just more of the same.

IF you know what I mean.

I am dealing with one right now from a sketch op that started at Heroes last year. We are finally seeing progress in the past week but it has been like pulling teeth to get him to do any work.

IF you know what I mean.

:gossip: Casey's been mocking me for helping out with this stuff for a while now. I imagine this is just more of the same.

I'm 100% serious about this. I don't take thievery lightly...especially with AC's past incidents.

IF you know what I mean.

I'm 100% serious about this. I don't take thievery lightly...especially with AC's past incidents.

You're right about the way it should be, but 'should be' and 'is' are often two different things.

Anthony should not have spent the money needed for expenses (CGC and shipping) to fulfill his obligations. But the fact is he did, and right now new funds are needed in order to fulfill very old orders.

Anthony should do whatever it takes to come up with the money on his own i.e. mow lawns, dip into 401k (if he has one), etc. But we know that's not going to happen so we're dealing with reality.

Most people don't have the time available to sue someone who lives far away for a couple or few hundred dollars.

Most people don't have the time available to sue someone who lives far away for a couple or few hundred dollars.

Even if you wanted to sue, by the time you go through the whole process, it's going to cost you several times what you're sueing for minimum, so it's not worth it.

As Rich was saying, the best way to handle these situations is to pay no money or (if the artist in question has a good track record of meeting his commitments) only a partial amount up front. It's up to each of us as customers to demand no (or partial) up front money and walk away if the artist or rep won't agree to that.