• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watched Thor:Dark World Last Night.

107 posts in this topic

As others have said, I enjoyed Thor 2 as well. To me, it was better than the first. Not in the ranks of Iron Man, Capt. America, Avengers, and Spidey 2. I have a feeling that Winter Soldier will be a top10 fav. of mine.

If he was up your Asgard you'd know where he was.

lol:applause:

this is the kind of audience Kramer was hoping for.....

Dark World was great, unbelievable how much Iron Man 3 made, that's gotta be the worst of the Marvel movies to date. Not including FF & Spidey.

Anyone else bothered by how easy it is to get into/invade Asgard? For a movie called The Dark World, there was too much levity for me. Winter Soldier looks much more dark than this was. Also, I'm dying for the Wrecking Crew to show up. Could cast pro wrestlers and bring in a larger audience. Is it true that Thor 3 might center around Ragnarok? Gosh, I hope so. Another chance for tongue in cheek humor. :D

Anyone else bothered by how easy it is to get into/invade Asgard? For a movie called The Dark World, there was too much levity for me. Winter Soldier looks much more dark than this was. Also, I'm dying for the Wrecking Crew to show up. Could cast pro wrestlers and bring in a larger audience. Is it true that Thor 3 might center around Ragnarok? Gosh, I hope so. Another chance for tongue in cheek humor. :D

You don't like tongue in cheek humour but you do like 'pro' wrestling?

hm

Saw this over the weekend also. Fun Movie but not the best. That Loki is a tricky fellow.

Just saw it last night. It was a good movie. But at times, the editing felt disjointed.

Heimdall is one tough god. That jump onto the elf ship was a really cool scene.

I finished watching it last night as well. Definitely enjoyed it. Better than the first one by a mile. Not as good as Avengers or IM. But probably #3 for me with the Marvel/Avenger movies.

Yeah, cuz wrestling :makepoint: is real!

hm

hm

Thor 2: 640 Million

Man of Steel: 660 Million

don't see the solo movies going away anytime soon.

doesn't really tell the whole story does it?

very good money for a Thor film though

i liked it the same as the first...not much

I finished watching it last night as well. Definitely enjoyed it. Better than the first one by a mile. Not as good as Avengers or IM. But probably #3 for me with the Marvel/Avenger movies.

It definitely was better than the first Thor. The darker side of Norse mythology.

So in the comic stories, didn't Kurse kill Malekith at some point because he betrayed his trust during a fight with Thor?

I`m surprised so many people agree that Dark World was better than the first movie. From reading Boardies` reviews of the first movie when it came out, you`d have thought it was the second greatest movie in film history (behind only Iron Man, their undisputed greatest movie of all time).

Nothing really wrong with Dark World, but as a grandparent I'm disappointed my 8 year old grandson will be hearing Darcy saying "oh sh*t" twice in the film. Did that in any way make the film better? Was it necessary? :preach:

rantrant over.

FWIW, I liked the first one more.

i loved it i just pick apart everything

except cap america and avengers-those were perfect

iron man 2,3 sucked due to if everyone has an iron man suit then he's no big deal...

How does any of these Marvel movies suck?

Sorry when people say this I just scratch my head. :screwy:

:news: Iron Man, Cap, Thor, and the Avengers were B+ players before 2008, and because of Marvel Studios they are now A list red carpet show stoppers.

Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America do not have the deep villain rogue gallery (the most important factor in comic books) as A+ players Batman, Superman, X-men, and Spider-man have at their disposal.

In all the Marvel Studio movies did:

a credible actor/actress dawn the role of one of your favorite hero or villain?

Hulk smash and wreck spoon?

Thor throw his hammer?

CAP fight Nazis and throw his shield a bunch?

Iron Man fly and use his armor to blow stuff up?

Answer is yes! :headbang:

I don't know what some of you think you are watching, but I am seeing the characters from my childhood (the 90's and some of you waited much longer than I) being brought to life on the biggest stage of them all for the whole world to see. From I wish to a reality. Now instead of collecting next issue comics Marvel is allowing you to have a to be continued comic book movie collection in continuity.

In the 1990's all this was just a pipe-dream, however thanks to Blade (1998) we are seeing these creators/artists/writers finally getting the recognition they deserve in creating American classic folklore.

I remember getting the Wizard magazine and reading the hypothetical "Who would play" these characters in the what if movie section. Now the what ifs are replaced with who is rumored to have gotten the role.

Can't we all just sit back and enjoy the ride without nit picking every single thing about these movies. (shrug)

iron man 2,3 sucked due to if everyone has an iron man suit then he's no big deal...

:news: Iron Man, Cap, Thor, and the Avengers were B+ players before 2008, and because of Marvel Studios they are now A list red carpet show stoppers.

Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America do not have the deep villain rogue gallery (the most important factor in comic books) as A+ players Batman, Superman, X-men, and Spider-man have at their disposal.

Thor throw his hammer?

I don't know what some of you think you are watching, but I am seeing the characters from my childhood (the 90's and some of you waited much longer than I) being brought to life on the biggest stage of them all for the whole world to see. From I wish to a reality. Now instead of collecting next issue comics Marvel is allowing you to have a to be continued comic book movie collection in continuity.

In the 1990's all this was just a pipe-dream, however thanks to Blade (1998) we are seeing these creators/artists/writers finally getting the recognition they deserve in creating American classic folklore.

I remember getting the Wizard magazine and reading the hypothetical "Who would play" these characters in the what if movie section. Now the what ifs are replaced with who is rumored to have gotten the role.

Can't we all just sit back and enjoy the ride without nit picking every single thing about these movies. (shrug)

You're right. I'll stop critiquing these films. I feel all warm and fuzzy now. Big hug time. :foryou:

Agree with almost your entire post (I thinks it's ok to critique them), but I really like the above. You're spot on.

I think that's one of the reasons I love the Avengers movie so much. For me, it really was the comic books come to life. I thought the first two Spidey's were that way as well (but not quite on par with Avengers)

The Nolan Bats trilogy is great too, but they feel like action/suspense movies about comic book characters.

With The Avengers I felt like I was watching a comic book. If that makes any sense.

Thor throw his hammer?

You're right. I'll stop critiquing these films. I feel all warm and fuzzy now. Big hug time. :foryou:

I'm really enjoying the Marvel movies. Between those, and re-reading my collection, I don't miss buying any of the modern comics drek being produced now.

Man, these Marvel films are getting worse. Hope Winter Soldier is better. I say skip the solo flix and just do Avenger movies.

The Collector made me nauseous. Terrible interpretation of the character.

Winter Soldier can’t be better by any means.

The whole idea, and its timing, just deprives Captain America human history of meaning, poignancy, sense. Mostly because of how unlikely it it, but also how it has been handled. Poorness on all levels.