• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reasonable price for NM 98?

579 posts in this topic

Thinking of asking the seller if it's a legit 1300 dollar transaction. I mean what's he gonna say? No? lol

I don't think it is a real sale. The buyer only has 2 feedback. Shill for sure.

I don't know. For a book that jump from $400 to +$700 in less than a month nothing surprises me right now.

I tend to exclude outliers but I'm not going to say this is impossible (shrug)

In the colletibles hobby, anything is possible when someone has a strong enough desire. GPA, Overstreet and any other marketing tracking guide go right out the window.

That's not true at all. A Sale is a Sale is a Sale. All true sales are data points to be analyzed collectively. Do you just make this stuff up? :baiting:

That's not true at all. A Sale is a Sale is a Sale. All true sales are data points to be analyzed collectively. Do you just make this stuff up? :baiting:

one fools willingness to overpay verses a public auction? Yes. The masses will decide a more accurate number. You are in the minority if you believe in the fool.

one fools willingness to overpay verses a public auction? Yes. The masses will decide a more accurate number. You are in the minority if you believe in the fool.

Technically you're both correct. "Outliers" shows potential. "Average" shows current trend.

Technically you're both correct. "Outliers" shows potential. "Average" shows current trend.

I'll buy that :foryou:

That might be true in a vacuum, but a random eBay auction hardly guarantees "masses". Due to a number of variables, e.g., attendance, listing variables, perceived trustworthiness of seller, no returns, etc., ad nauseum, one could easily argue exactly the opposite.

A Sale is determined solely by what any buyer is willing to pay, and what any seller is willing to accept. Any other interpretation is clouded by prejudice. :grin:

That might be true in a vacuum, but a random eBay auction hardly guarantees "masses". Due to a number of variables, e.g., attendance, listing variables, perceived trustworthiness of seller, no returns, etc., ad nauseum, one could easily argue exactly the opposite.

A Sale is determined solely by what any buyer is willing to pay, and what any seller is willing to accept. Any other interpretation is clouded by prejudice. :grin:

I'm with divad on this. A BIN is no less a legitimate sale than an auction sale. I was in an auction on Sunday for a book that blew past other BIN prices in the final seconds. Once the auction was over I promptly clicked the lower BIN. A sale is a sale. Whether or not that NM 98 was a legit buyer performing a legit transaction is an entirely different matter.

-J.

I'm with divad on this. A BIN is no less a legitimate sale than an auction sale. I was in an auction on Sunday for a book that blew past other BIN prices in the final seconds. Once the auction was over I promptly clicked the lower BIN. A sale is a sale. Whether or not that NM 98 was a legit buyer performing a legit transaction is an entirely different matter.

-J.

well getting back to the OP. The lowest BIN is $949 or BO. Is it safe to say that the market value is less than that? (Seller would net $826 if someone wanted it badly)

Now there have been some documented sales, shilled or not, but who can say, over 949. I don't think this book has the legs to maintain the climb to be a $1000 book in 9.8. The clock is approaching midnite and Deadpool has lost his glass slipper. Trending downward as of now :sumo:

-J.

well getting back to the OP. The lowest BIN is $949 or BO. Is it safe to say that the market value is less than that? (Seller would net $826 if someone wanted it badly)

Now there have been some documented sales, shilled or not, but who can say, over 949. I don't think this book has the legs to maintain the climb to be a $1000 book in 9.8. The clock is approaching midnite and Deadpool has lost his glass slipper. Trending downward as of now :sumo:

the seller yesterday, Bigtado netted approx $570

The 3 9.8 auctions I saw up on ebay were hovering around the $700 mark with multiple days left. Book is definitely still on the upward trend. I'm just not understanding why there are so few auctions up right now.
The smart sellers are holding on only to cash out and then buy up Malibu beachfront property. My guess.

I thought you meant "serious sales decline" not "serious creative decline."

Thanks for the benefit of the doubt....

;)

But avg sales from 1987 were 430K, 1988 was 412K, and 1989 was 392K.

1990 went back to 401K, but Jim Lee had arrived...and then 1991.

But Marvel launched Wolverine (Vol. 2), Excalibur, and Marvel Comics Presents in 1988. The X-Men franchise sold more books in 1989 compared to 1987, unless I am missing something.

"Franchise" is not a term you would have used in 1989. Luckily.

The 3 9.8 auctions I saw up on ebay were hovering around the $700 mark with multiple days left. Book is definitely still on the upward trend. I'm just not understanding why there are so few auctions up right now.
The smart sellers are holding on only to cash out and then buy up Malibu beachfront property. My guess.

While those selling now will only be able to afford Cleveland lakefront property.

Sorry, Cleveland.

While those selling now will only be able to afford Cleveland lakefront property.

Sorry, Cleveland.

Hey now. They've got Lebron. doh!

-J.

There is no more reasonable on this book in CGC 9.8 (even though there are plenty). According to me (reputable source in my own opinion), book still has plenty of legs. Book will average in the $900 - $1K range prior to movie opening. If you purchased any this year or prior, enjoy your profits.

-J.

There is no more reasonable on this book in CGC 9.8 (even though there are plenty). According to me (reputable source in my own opinion), book still has plenty of legs. Book will average in the $900 - $1K range prior to movie opening. If you purchased any this year or prior, enjoy your profits.

there is one on eBay right now for $850 or BO. Let's see how much you like it. I can vouch for the seller. Hurry up and snag it. You can list it for $1500 next week.

-J.

there is one on eBay right now for $850 or BO. Let's see how much you like it. I can vouch for the seller. Hurry up and snag it. You can list it for $1500 next week.

This reminds me of someone talking like this about BA #12 when it first started to really heat up. hm

-J.

My prediction: that will be gone in 48 hours or less.

-J.