• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reasonable price for NM 98?

579 posts in this topic

(thumbs u Maybe the boardie can confirm if the sell went through. I remember when New Mutants 100 was selling for more than NM 98 when it was release a few weeks later. Boy time has changed. I recall having a tip from a dealer back then saying "New Mutants 98 contains a great new character and you should stock up", and he also said " I also found out that Deadpool will be in X-force 2 and you stock up on this issue also" . Well, NM98 was $5.00 back then and crash to $1.00 five years later and you couldn't give away X-force 2. lol

He said he shipped the comic today. :acclaim:

-J.

Prices was in the $450-500 before the news broke. Unfortunately, the days for the NM98 <$500 are over. Of course I wish I still have my additional three NM98 9.8 and pair of 9.6's sold earlier in the year. My last two 9.8 copies will stay put, for I bet my chances to find them cheap has dwindled.

(thumbs u Maybe the boardie can confirm if the sell went through. I remember when New Mutants 100 was selling for more than NM 98 when it was release a few weeks later. Boy time has changed. I recall having a tip from a dealer back then saying "New Mutants 98 contains a great new character and you should stock up", and he also said " I also found out that Deadpool will be in X-force 2 and you stock up on this issue also" . Well, NM98 was $5.00 back then and crash to $1.00 five years later and you couldn't give away X-force 2. lol

He said he shipped the comic today. :acclaim:

-J.

Thanks J. (thumbs u

Prices was in the $450-500 before the news broke. Unfortunately, the days for the NM98 <$500 are over.

For now.

There are a LOT of copies out there.

This is the first real test of this caliber of a book from this era. The last time there was demand of this type was for ASM #129 and Hulk #181 in the early 90's.

Granted, it's not a million+ print run book by any means. But the vast majority of its extant copies were kept in very high grade.

It is, after all, the 3rd most common book in 9.8 on the entire census...and this madness will only inspire more. There should be another 200-400 9.8s shaken loose in the next 6 months or so.

We shall see.

Prices was in the $450-500 before the news broke. Unfortunately, the days for the NM98 <$500 are over.

For now.

This is the first real test of this caliber of a book from this era. The last time there was demand of this type was for ASM #129 and Hulk #181 in the early 90's.

Granted, it's not a million+ print run book by any means. But the vast majority of its extant copies were kept in very high grade.

It is, after all, the 3rd most common book in 9.8 on the entire census...and this madness will only inspire more. There should be another 200-400 9.8s shaken loose in the next 6 months or so.

We shall see.

I did analysis of some copper books and the rate of 9.8s for books submitted this year.

I looked at ASM 300, 301, BA12 and NM98

NM98 had a the highest rate at 26% of all copies submitted so far this year were coming back 9.8

BA12 was 22%

ASM300 was 10%

ASM301 was 5%

For now.

We shall see.

Even before the movie news: I was amazed of how many NM98 in 9.8s there are and they continue to sell in the $350-400 range. From my observations, most price normally never top about $400 or lands under $350. Prices were well supported in that range, and was a solid foundation for NM98. I understand the book is currently on a tremendous short term uptrend, and I'm sure it has surprised a lot of folks of where it stands now. I very amazed by how early and late coppers are doing with such large print runs. I agree if the print run was like Turok 1 or Spiderman 1 (Mcfarlane), sell them at these prices.

Based on the census for asm 300 there are 629 copies in 9.8 out of a total of 9,130 graded. 9.8s account for 6.8% of the graded census population. Crazy how nm98 in 9.8 is blowing by asm 300 in the same grade .lol

crazy especially when you consider there are 1550 NM #98's in 9.8 or better and the % of graded hitting that mark is 4x ASM 300.

Insanity rulz dude, insanity rulz! lol

Based on the census for asm 300 there are 629 copies in 9.8 out of a total of 9,130 graded. 9.8s account for 6.8% of the graded census population. Crazy how nm98 in 9.8 is blowing by asm 300 in the same grade .lol

crazy especially when you consider there are 1550 NM #98's in 9.8 or better and the % of graded hitting that mark is 4x ASM 300.

Exactly. New mutants 98 defies all logic. lol

Exactly. New mutants 98 defies all logic. lol

So does Dead-Pool. ;)

So, is there a price difference between a standard NM 98 and a UPC NM 98? Does one sell for more or do they sell for around the same price?

I have never seen the UPC sell for more consistently. Most sellers don't even mention it in their listings. I mean really, how many people are willing to pay a significant amount more for a book that's readily available and the only difference being a bar code. Some might be but not enough for it to affect sales averages. They UPC is certainly less common than the direct edition. But not remotely uncommon enough to realize a significant or consistent difference in price.

-J.