• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reasonable price for NM 98?

579 posts in this topic

That's not true at all. A Sale is a Sale is a Sale. All true sales are data points to be analyzed collectively. Do you just make this stuff up? :baiting:

one fools willingness to overpay verses a public auction? Yes. The masses will decide a more accurate number. You are in the minority if you believe in the fool.

That might be true in a vacuum, but a random eBay auction hardly guarantees "masses". Due to a number of variables, e.g., attendance, listing variables, perceived trustworthiness of seller, no returns, etc., ad nauseum, one could easily argue exactly the opposite.

A Sale is determined solely by what any buyer is willing to pay, and what any seller is willing to accept. Any other interpretation is clouded by prejudice. :grin:

I'm with divad on this. A BIN is no less a legitimate sale than an auction sale. I was in an auction on Sunday for a book that blew past other BIN prices in the final seconds. Once the auction was over I promptly clicked the lower BIN. A sale is a sale. Whether or not that NM 98 was a legit buyer performing a legit transaction is an entirely different matter.

-J.

well getting back to the OP. The lowest BIN is $949 or BO. Is it safe to say that the market value is less than that? (Seller would net $826 if someone wanted it badly)

Now there have been some documented sales, shilled or not, but who can say, over 949. I don't think this book has the legs to maintain the climb to be a $1000 book in 9.8. The clock is approaching midnite and Deadpool has lost his glass slipper. Trending downward as of now :sumo:

There is no more reasonable on this book in CGC 9.8 (even though there are plenty). According to me (reputable source in my own opinion), book still has plenty of legs. Book will average in the $900 - $1K range prior to movie opening. If you purchased any this year or prior, enjoy your profits.

there is one on eBay right now for $850 or BO. Let's see how much you like it. I can vouch for the seller. Hurry up and snag it. You can list it for $1500 next week.

My prediction: that will be gone in 48 hours or less.

-J.

Told ya! lol:banana:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=165439&item=121444146030&rt=nc&print=all&si=kqv78Dyg7sTGbH4Sho9EZbd4jno%3D

-J.

I'm glad for Hector, he actually reluctantly stepped up to buy that book from me last week. He was smart to flip it quick rather than hold out.

That copy sold for $800. Did the seller leave money on the table? I thought sales were at 1k?

It was priced for a "quick sale". That's why I knew it wouldn't last long at that price. It sold in a matter of hours.

-J.

Right on. Currently the lowest priced buy it now is for a 9.8 is $975 OBO.

I expect this one to be gone next. All the active auctions are $700+ with 4+ days remaining. Yikes.

Looks like in the short term, 1K may be the resistance level and with strong support in the $700-800 level.
Sig Series should be able to break the 1k barrier, even more so if your able to get Liefield, AND Fabian Nicieza sig on it together,(some would say get Stan Lee, but I feel that since he had nothing to do with the comic his sig is on it is worth zero, and just a stain on the cover) it should be able to add a premium since many people forget Nicieza is also the co creator of deadpool, and not just Liefield, which is why not many of the Sig Series have both of them together, at least in my experience.

I had gotten reasonable offers of $725, $775 when I had it at $950. While the $1000+ sales may be legit, they didn't seem to biting my book or the $975. I decide to drop the price as I was looking at a collection today and wanted a quick sale.

Could I have made more? Maybe. I also think $700-$800 is a solid price point based on the auctions. I made money. Nuff said.

I had gotten reasonable offers of $725, $775 when I had it at $950. While the $1000+ sales may be legit, they didn't seem to biting my book or the $975. I decide to drop the price as I was looking at a collection today and wanted a quick sale.

Could I have made more? Maybe. I also think $700-$800 is a solid price point based on the auctions. I made money. Nuff said.

It's definitely easy money if you bought it under FMV. ;) I'm sure replacing it will be harder unless someone didn't know much of the current market. But of course, a collection at a decent price with NM 98 wouldn't hurt either. It will be interesting to see where the market will settle in the next few weeks.

Looks like in the short term, 1K may be the resistance level and with strong support in the $700-800 level.
Sig Series should be able to break the 1k barrier, even more so if your able to get Liefield, AND Fabian Nicieza sig on it together,(some would say get Stan Lee, but I feel that since he had nothing to do with the comic his sig is on it is worth zero, and just a stain on the cover) it should be able to add a premium since many people forget Nicieza is also the co creator of deadpool, and not just Liefield, which is why not many of the Sig Series have both of them together, att least in my experience.

I agree, the Signature series with the respected names would not have a problem at or near the 1K+ price. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of Signature series, but the market in that arena doesn't mind at all.