• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #42 Grade

18 posts in this topic

I personally wouldn't be satisfied with it as a 9.4. A scan where all edges and corners front and back can be seen will help with a more thorough grade, but again the defects I saw and mentioned before keep it out of 9.0 territory...plus there looks like a little wear to the upper and lower spine-side corners.

I'd wait for a few more experienced opinions before returning solely on my analysis, but IMHO its not a 9.4.

The book is way too toasty for my tastes. If that tanning is also on the inside of the cover it will be penalized by CGC. The stain on the BC alone keeps it well out of 9.4. I suspect this is an 8.0 book tops. Send it back, it's not a very desirable book. Sorry.

I am no expert but that is not a 9.4 book.

8.0 tops

After viewing the book again, I feel that if the images were not cropped so tightly to where it limits the overall view as mentioned previously by Mystafo, I would probably downgrade the book to 7.0 / 7.5 Very sorry.

The tanning on the back is very undesirable and this amount I'm certain will be a bit of a grade burner. Marvel went crazy with the rich blues and reds in the ASM 40 series. The cover of this book is much duller than the raw copies I have in the 7.0 - 9.0 range. There are also 2 vertical lines on the cover from top to bottom. Is the bottom staple starting to rust or is it discoloration?

You stated that this book was sold to you as a 9.4

Did you buy this book online or from an LCS?