• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Convention choices...

18 posts in this topic

I am currently planning out my cons this year. There are certainly going to be more artists announced (approx 20 more if last year was anything to go by) but the list of ones I have a shot at is none too shabby already.

Question: Out of this list you can pick only one. Who are they and what do you get them to do?

Adi Granov

Barry Kitson

Ben Oliver

Carlos Pacheco

Charlie Adlard

Emanuela Lupacchino

John Watson

David Hine

Guillem March

Kevin O'Neill

Ian Churchill

Doug Braithwaite

Mark Buckingham

Dave Gibbons

Jock

Jeff Smith

Junko Mizuno

Sean Phillips

Bryan Talbot

Emma Vieceli

Lee Townsend

Mike Collins

Mark Simpson a.k.a Jock - Beside working on Batman and Wolverine He was the Concept Artist on Dredd and contributed in Batman Begins and X-Men Days Future Past movie. A Batman sketch from him would be cool.

x2

Jeff Smith (Bone & Thorn). He doesn't release his published pages, so a sketch is the only way to get any OA from him.

Granov or Phillips would be high on my list too.

Jeff Smith (Bone & Thorn). He doesn't release his published pages, so a sketch is the only way to get any OA from him.

There are charity auctions, too.

Make me really glad I bought mine as part of the anniversary book.

Wow; that's a hefty price. I'm glad it went to charity.

I'd say:

Adi Granov = His commissions are nice, really nice.

Barry Kitson = From what I recall, his process is 1st come, 1st served, you wait in line while he does it, so if you find yourself 10th in line, you may be waiting hours, but from what I recall he does them for fans for free and is one of the most gracious guys.

Carlos Pacheco = I've never seen him at a West Coast show in the USA, so I'd be interested to see what he does, so from that standpoint he's intriguing

Charlie Adlard = He's ultra hot now, so I'd anticipate higher demand and with that you're better off just buying original art from his dealer, it'll end up being a better rendering than a commission and probably at a lower cost, with more characters and greater prestige.

Emanuela Lupacchino = Her work is fantastic, she'd be one of my top choices. I'm not sure how popular she is overall, so she may still be a hidden secret talent that's more easily accessible and affordable.

Ian Churchill = I like his work and in tandem with inker Norm Rapmund, he's one of my favorite artists. His original art may be more affordable and easier to obtain than a commission.

Dave Gibbons = With the Watchmen hype from the movie gone, he's still a popular legend but more accessible, so if you like his style it's worthwhile

Jeff Smith = From what I recall, he only does free quick sketch doodles, does not do commissions.

Sean Phillips = His work is good, but I'm not sure how his commissions are. He's been known to do free quick marker sketches, which matches his more dark style anyway.