• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey's #1 Enemy of ALL TIME?

79 posts in this topic

While GG makes a very compelling case, the fact that Doc Ock became Spidey is a pretty big deal. So I'd have to say Dock Ock fbecause he's been around seemingly since day 1 while GG died and all that other hoopla. Venom for sure in modern era but overall Doc Ock.

There is no continuity anymore so that never happened. I'm sticking to that :sumo:

GG took his own life by his own device (automatic disqualification)

Are you talking about ASM 122 because if you are that's not true. GG was trying to impale Spidey but he jumped out of the way.

While GG makes a very compelling case, the fact that Doc Ock became Spidey is a pretty big deal. So I'd have to say Dock Ock fbecause he's been around seemingly since day 1 while GG died and all that other hoopla. Venom for sure in modern era but overall Doc Ock.

There is no continuity anymore so that never happened. I'm sticking to that :sumo:

Right. And, if we are to include this bit of wackiness, then we also have to include the GG (Norman Osborn) raping Gwen, stealing the Spider-twins, raising them in secret to battle Spidey in the future.

Also, don't forget, after faking his own death, he orchestrated the Clone Saga fiasco, became the Iron Patriot, became the Goblin King and ruled the NY organized crime racket.

:tonofbricks:

Quesada!

Humberto Ramos's pencils!

Readers who say modern stories suck but forget the oh so wonderful early years.

Like when Spiderman thwarted the villainous Sandman with a.............shop vac? lol

The very same Sandman that was part of the Sinister Six, assembled and led by none other than Doc Ock! :baiting:

I've only read maybe half a dozen Spidey books since 1973, so my opinion won't count for much, but while other villains may seem ascendent from time to time, in both the comics and the larger popular culture the Green Goblin is to Spider-Man what the Joker is to Batman. For the most part, whoever the main villain is in a character's first big budget movie, that's who their arch-nemesis is.

Like when Spiderman thwarted the villainous Sandman with a.............shop vac? lol

The very same Sandman that was part of the Sinister Six, assembled and led by none other than Doc Ock! :baiting:

Mind.....blown

Or the Spider Mobile... Or the Clone