• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey's #1 Enemy of ALL TIME?

79 posts in this topic

Off topic discussion in another thread so I decided to give it it's own "home"

Green Goblin seems to be the flavor of choice but I've always thought it was DOC OCK. I can see the Gwen Stacy argument ,etc but just curious as to peoples thoughts..........

Green Goblin:

Best friends father

Discovered Spidey's secret identity.

Killed Gwen

Doc Ock:

Threatened to marry Aunt May

Doc Ock:

Leader of Sinister Six

Replaced him as Spiderman

Threatened the entire world with his plans on multiple occasions

Answer is Doc Ock. Original GG doesn't have lasting power. Dead within 150 issues.

Green Goblin:

Best friends father

Discovered Spidey's secret identity.

Killed Gwen

Doc Ock:

Threatened to marry Aunt May

Doc Ock:

Leader of Sinister Six

Replaced him as Spiderman

Threatened the entire world with his plans on multiple occasions

Answer is Doc Ock. Original GG doesn't have lasting power. Dead within 150 issues.

Disagree. Doc Ock is great but GG wins. Plus, you can trace a direct line from GG to the creation of the Hobgoblin who was a huge Spidey nemesis before Venom.

While GG makes a very compelling case, the fact that Doc Ock became Spidey is a pretty big deal. So I'd have to say Dock Ock fbecause he's been around seemingly since day 1 while GG died and all that other hoopla. Venom for sure in modern era but overall Doc Ock.

While GG makes a very compelling case, the fact that Doc Ock became Spidey is a pretty big deal

Come on, that is an old and hackneyed cliche now, and don't you remember Kraven taking over the Spider-man persona too?

I do agree, it's MARVEL and giving free reign to creators to re-write history and alter the legacies of remarkable characters and stories of the past while going for shock value in the name of sales as well as continuing to renumber as well as release multiple mediocre product instead of focusing in one putting out one great title a month.

In the comics, I'd say his worst enemy consistently had been...

J JOHAN JAMESON

While GG makes a very compelling case, the fact that Doc Ock became Spidey is a pretty big deal

Come on, that is an old and hackneyed cliche now, and don't you remember Kraven taking over the Spider-man persona too?

Kraven took his own life (automatic disqualification)

GG took his own life by his own device (automatic disqualification)

Ock finished off Spidey. Don't matter when it was written, or who it was written by. Ock not only finished Spidey, but the Amazing Spiderman book itself. =)

I would have to say its the Burglar that killed Peter's Uncle Ben. This is the defining moment in Peter's life where he understands the importance of responsibility and firmly establishes Spidey as a hero rather than a costumed guy out to earn a buck by wrestling or what have you.