• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stubborn eBay Sellers...what's their game plan?

288 posts in this topic

if someone wont take like $5 less for a $50 item ebay should revoke their best offer privileges.....

And on the flip side... If someone won't pay a lousy $5 more for an item they really want, they are either incredibly foolish or too poor to be buying comics in the first place.

I'm saying don't use the best offer function if you have no intention of entertaining offers. If you'll only going down 50 cents then for god's sake just price the item 50 cents cheaper and stop wasting everyone's time. If you're so poor you need that 50 cents then htf did you ever buy a comic.

if you buy a lot of comics $5 here and $5 there can add up. that's like saying if you have to use coupons you're too poor to be buying food in the first place.

I hear ya. The seller who doesn't take $5 less on a BO is ridiculous. But so is the buyer for denying himself something he really wants over $5.

If a buyer is running into this $5 scenario more than once or twice in his lifetime, he is really unlucky or just keeps making offers to the same stubborn seller. lol So the $5 here, $5 there story doesn't hold water. The coupon analogy is apples to oranges.

hey i got a coupon for apples and the store wont let me use it for oranges! dang.

plus my stupid bottle wont hold water-it has a leak in the bottom.

Kav, you are wasting time debating with someone who posts things only to stir the pot.

wow this is the first time i've been told i wasn't the problem. thx.

my experience is often i make a best offer 1/2 asking and it is accepted. sometimes counteroffers back and forth and i get like 20% off. sometimes on like a $20 item i might get $3 off. But i have never bought from someone basically unwilling to budge-and I call $1 off on a $30 or more item unwilling to budge. if it's the only item of its kind listed, i can sorta understand. but if there's dozens of others, i shop elsewhere. i've even spent a little more on the same item from another seller just because i don't like doing business with a stubborn seller. if it was just listed at a BIN price with no BO then i might have just bought it. but offering a BO then basically not budging just rubs me the wrong way.

listing best offers but not accepting best offers is like someone setting up a signature booth then saying 'I'm not doing signatures'. and sitting there all day.

if someone wont take like $5 less for a $50 item ebay should revoke their best offer privileges.....

And on the flip side... If someone won't pay a lousy $5 more for an item they really want, they are either incredibly foolish or too poor to be buying comics in the first place.

+1

+1

on the flip flip side if seller wont sell for a mere $5 less he shouldn't be buying comics in the first place.

Certain eBay sellers seem to never adjust their pricing, even in the face of clear evidence that it's stratospherically high.

As an example, I just won this Action 427 9.6 White. It's a beautiful copy with excellent eye appeal:

Action 427 9.6W

I was the only bidder at 49.99. Yet much less attractive 9.6's sit on eBay at $120 and $200 for months or years. Do these sellers just not want to make a sale? What's the game plan?

Stupid is as stupid does.

+1

On principle I wouldn't pay the full ask of $50 in the above scenario.

If you're too much of an to understand the concept of the best offer function, you don't deserve my money.

Certain eBay sellers seem to never adjust their pricing, even in the face of clear evidence that it's stratospherically high.

As an example, I just won this Action 427 9.6 White. It's a beautiful copy with excellent eye appeal:

Action 427 9.6W

I was the only bidder at 49.99. Yet much less attractive 9.6's sit on eBay at $120 and $200 for months or years. Do these sellers just not want to make a sale? What's the game plan?

Stupid is as stupid does.

stupid did

+1

If you're too much of an to understand the concept of the best offer function, you don't deserve my money.

I had a Toon Tumbler set at $75 OBO, and someone hit my BIN without making an offer.

:shrug:

-slym

+1

I had a Toon Tumbler set at $75 OBO, and someone hit my BIN without making an offer.

-slym

i've done this when its something i want and am afraid someone else will BIN in the time it takes seller to respond

Agreed. If it is a good item that you really want and at a price you like, the buy it now is the way to go. Not worth the risk to save a few bucks. Now if it is an item that you could have it or leave it, then submit a fair offer.

single comics are always available but if it's a good priced lot why take a risk?

there was a GL 87 in 4.0 for $35 it was just listed but sold before i could even grab it!! dang.

Exactly, that is what I was saying. If it is a good price, buy it now. Waiting for a best offer response may cause you to lose it.

Exactly, that is what I was saying. If it is a good price, buy it now. Waiting for a best offer response may cause you to lose it.

right but only if its something not being offered by many other sellers or you know doesnt pop up often

spiderman #50 for example no.

+1

-slym

To be clear....

If I offered you $70 & you declined.....I wouldn't bother shopping with you.

Of course if I see a book listed at a price I like I'd pull the BIN trigger. (shrug)

If you make the best offer option available, but won't accept anything but your BIN price....you're an azzhat. 2c

If you make the best offer option available, but won't accept anything but your BIN price....you're an azzhat. 2c

lol Yeah. If you are not willing to accept a best offer, then why give potential buyers that option?