• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stubborn eBay Sellers...what's their game plan?

288 posts in this topic

I have read this last post 4 times, and still can't figure out how you can't know what Branget is asking.

:eek:

-slym

It was confusing because Branget himself thought it was a good deal:

For the record if Rocket Racoon sells for $250 in 9.8 then I am considering buying Divad's book. :)

So did this person:

I was considering it as well, I bought a bunch of books earlier this year from him and the grading was dead on. If he says it's a 9.8, then it's a 9.8.

Boboset also reasoned that it was reasonably priced and that it would be profitable for a reseller to buy it.

So as I said, people are making the case for that book but nobody is buying. I guess they are just waiting to snipe it at the end?

So, you understood it after all.

-slym

Slym-puzzled that he wasted his time-again-feels like he's building tower of babel....asks dude for hammer....

I'm gonna list something for $100 and put 'all best offers accepted'.

just so i can talk about it.

i don't have enough things to talk about.

For the record if Rocket Racoon sells for $250 in 9.8 then I am considering buying Divad's book. :)

I still see no link to Slym's fight which I suspect is much more interesting.

Start here

The stuff that passes as 'flame wars' these days..... zzz

I know. These noobs have no idea.

What the hell is up with these mouthy noobs...?

:shrug:

It is always fun when someone asks to be shown where they are wrong, someone points out exactly how they are wrong, and the first guy throws up his hands and says "No, I'm still right, and now I'm outta here, this thread is stupid and now it isn't important."

meh

-slym

It is always fun when someone asks to be shown where they are wrong, someone points out exactly how they are wrong, and the first guy throws up his hands and says "No, I'm still right, and now I'm outta here, this thread is stupid and now it isn't important."

meh

-slym

yep-similar thing happened to me-short argument, i went to google who was right, came back to clarify, person said 'the time when i was interested in that has expired'

they dont lose interest if theyre right, but if wrong. 'not important'=move along-nothing to see here....

I have read this last post 4 times, and still can't figure out how you can't know what Branget is asking.

-slym

So did this person:

I was considering it as well, I bought a bunch of books earlier this year from him and the grading was dead on. If he says it's a 9.8, then it's a 9.8.

Boboset also reasoned that it was reasonably priced and that it would be profitable for a reseller to buy it.

So as I said, people are making the case for that book but nobody is buying. I guess they are just waiting to snipe it at the end?

The confusing part is how my comment and the comment that followed was interpreted by you. Also it seems to only take a couple comments to become "quite a few". lol

Seems to be quite a few people saying that Rocket Raccoon book is a steal at that price and yet nobody is buying it.

Really? Where?

where what?

Slym was pointing out your leap in language as he does so well.

I "considered" followed by someone commenting that it was "reasonably priced" became "a steal" in your mind. If it was a steal it would be sold. It is priced that I would consider it. :makepoint:

-slym

So did this person:

Don't sell much on eBay, huh? lol

My favorite seller of this variety is reynoldjay2010..

He's listed the same Moon Knight books for literally YEARS. He never lowers the price and they never sell since he always charges a huge premium.

The Ebay insertion fees alone must be more than the price of the book by now..

This book has been listed for like 5 years now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Savage-She-Hulk-4-CGC-9-8-1980-Rare-Grade-Comic-/140368305081?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20ae9a5bb9

He's also the owner of this infamous image..

cgcbox.jpgOfficial CGC shipping box available to you. Plan to use this as a storage box This is a custom-made heavy-duty corrugated board box made to hold CGC comics, made by CGC. Box holds 24 CGC comics. This box will protect your CGC books in your collection. Box holds CGC books upright such that labels ( on end) can be seen. You may wish to cut off the top flaps of the box as they tend to consume space. This is not the storage box made by a non-CGC company.

We can ship this unique box with your order FREE! This box system is only slightly heavier than our regular box! We highly recommend shipping in these boxes for upper end books to assure a damage -free transaction. Pay amounts below if you choose this option.

He's listed the same Moon Knight books for literally YEARS. He never lowers the price and they never sell since he always charges a huge premium.

I doubt he's ever paid an eBay insertion fee for that item. Don't sell much on eBay, huh?

edit *** In fact he seems like a sales genius. I wonder how many people like yourself have posted links to his auction. I clicked on your link, then his other items for sale. Found something I liked and purchased it from him. Pure genius. I'll be incorporating his impressive sales skills in my next batch of eBay items for sale. Thanks for posting.

I do just fine on eBay, thanks. Not sure what that has to do with forum users propping your book up and then not actually buying it.

:facepalm:

I do just fine on eBay, thanks. Not sure what that has to do with forum users propping your book up and then not actually buying it.

:facepalm:

Oh my bad you must still be considering it. Please do let us know how that goes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Savage-She-Hulk-4-CGC-9-8-1980-Rare-Grade-Comic-/140368305081?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20ae9a5bb9

cgcbox.jpgOfficial CGC shipping box available to you. Plan to use this as a storage box This is a custom-made heavy-duty corrugated board box made to hold CGC comics, made by CGC. Box holds 24 CGC comics. This box will protect your CGC books in your collection. Box holds CGC books upright such that labels ( on end) can be seen. You may wish to cut off the top flaps of the box as they tend to consume space. This is not the storage box made by a non-CGC company.

We can ship this unique box with your order FREE! This box system is only slightly heavier than our regular box! We highly recommend shipping in these boxes for upper end books to assure a damage -free transaction. Pay amounts below if you choose this option.

This guy is real great to deal with. If you contact him off eBay he slashes those prices by 50 percent ! and if you buy volume or raw he sends pics and prices are wholesale. he is always fast to answer buy lists. Great seller IMHO !

This guy is real great to deal with. If you contact him off eBay he slashes those prices by 50 percent ! and if you buy volume or raw he sends pics and prices are wholesale. he is always fast to answer buy lists. Great seller IMHO !

:applause:

It seems like people should stop posting about sellers' prices when they really know nothing about what type of business practices a seller is employing. Never assume you really know what exactly is going on. ;)

I was answering the only question you asked, doofus. :insane:

Oh, and btw, before you accuse me of name-calling, "doofus" is a term of endearment . . . :grin: