• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stubborn eBay Sellers...what's their game plan?

288 posts in this topic

If you make the best offer option available, but won't accept anything but your BIN price....you're an azzhat. 2c

lol Yeah. If you are not willing to accept a best offer, then why give potential buyers that option?

THIS

if someone wont take like $5 less for a $50 item ebay should revoke their best offer privileges.....

And on the flip side... If someone won't pay a lousy $5 more for an item they really want, they are either incredibly foolish or too poor to be buying comics in the first place.

+1

On principle I wouldn't pay the full ask of $50 in the above scenario.

If you're too much of an to understand the concept of the best offer function, you don't deserve my money.

I had a Toon Tumbler set at $75 OBO, and someone hit my BIN without making an offer.

:shrug:

To be clear....

If I offered you $70 & you declined.....I wouldn't bother shopping with you.

Of course if I see a book listed at a price I like I'd pull the BIN trigger. (shrug)

If you make the best offer option available, but won't accept anything but your BIN price....you're an azzhat. 2c

Um... I didn't do, say, or even think any of that...

This just isn't my day here on the CGC boards.

:sorry:

-slym

if someone wont take like $5 less for a $50 item ebay should revoke their best offer privileges.....

And on the flip side... If someone won't pay a lousy $5 more for an item they really want, they are either incredibly foolish or too poor to be buying comics in the first place.

+1

If you're too much of an to understand the concept of the best offer function, you don't deserve my money.

I had a Toon Tumbler set at $75 OBO, and someone hit my BIN without making an offer.

To be clear....

Of course if I see a book listed at a price I like I'd pull the BIN trigger. (shrug)

-slym

Feel free to clarify. :foryou:

+1

To be clear....

-slym

sometimes you're the hammer and sometimes you're the nail....

+1

To be clear....

What is to clarify? All the things you listed, I never said I did, nor did I actually do them.

Nvrmnd. I am gonna sign off now. I don't jibe well with this site today, it seems.

-slym

+1

To be clear....

What is to clarify? All the things you listed, I never said I did, nor did I actually do them.

Nvrmnd. I am gonna sign off now. I don't jibe well with this site today, it seems.

-slym

dont take your dollies and leave

doh!

Exactly. I recently saw a guy on ebay that had a book that I wanted for $49 OBO. So, I offered $35. The $49 wasn't really a bad price, but I figured since he had the best offer up there I would at least take a shot. He countered with his exact same $49 price and a comment "The $49 is really the least that I can accept. It is really a good price." And it was...

BUT, you had the best offer option. And the mere fact that you had the best offer option up and didn't come down even 1% tells me that you are someone that I don't care to do business with, even if your price is decent.

You are 100% right! Been there done that too!

What I don't understand is this.

I just looked at an auction that someone had a starting bid of $58.09 and a buy it now of $100.00

Why not just put it out for $100, do a best offer and see what you can get for it and not go below your $58.09 you wanted anyway.

To me it's just a confusing scenario that is created.

lol Yeah. If you are not willing to accept a best offer, then why give potential buyers that option?

I can give you one reason. Unless things have changed in the last 6 months, you can't add "Best Offer" to an existing listing, you have to close and relist. When I put up an item, I put the BIN at the price I want to get RIGHT NOW, but if it doesn't sell after a while, I might be willing to go lower - maybe much lower.

So the first week I have a listing up, I might not accept a "best offer" of any type, but I'd like to have that option later on. I would agree if you NEVER take any offers that's stupid, but having the option on there has it's reasons.

There was, this was maybe 5-10 years or so ago, I don't remember, a lot of twenty Batman #428s out there for a BIN of $42 or so, but a start bid of $25 or something. I couldn't bring myself to hit the BIN, and tried to save a few bucks....it ended up selling for $45 or something.

I kick myself about it to this day. I really wanted them. I should have manned up and paid the BIN.

Haven't seen this mentioned yet: there are sellers who value their books more highly than the market does, at least at the time of the listing, and are perfectly content keeping the book until and if they meet someone who likes the book more than the seller does.

In other words - not really looking to sell. (thumbs u

+1 i work on the real state , and some sellers have prices above market because they are simply not ready to sell

In all fairness, I completely understand why sellers are "stubborn" on certain books, because you never know what will blow up because of a movie or TV show. This however does not include those sellers asking for insane prices. Then again, define "insane"...

In all fairness, I completely understand why sellers are "stubborn" on certain books, because you never know what will blow up because of a movie or TV show. This however does not include those sellers asking for insane prices. Then again, define "insane"...

5 or more times what everyone else is selling for.

Haven't seen this mentioned yet: there are sellers who value their books more highly than the market does, at least at the time of the listing, and are perfectly content keeping the book until and if they meet someone who likes the book more than the seller does.

+1 i work on the real state , and some sellers have prices above market because they are simply not ready to sell

quick thought-if you're not ready to sell, don't put it up for sale.

To each their own.

If they put it up at an "offer they can't refuse" price, then they are ready to sell at that price and that price only.

I still don't see where people get up in arms when other people ask for however much they want to on their own stuff.

-slym

right i agree people can do whatever they want. if the wanna ride a unicycle blowing a horn with a banana split on their head they can. I however am allowed to mock them.