• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stubborn eBay Sellers...what's their game plan?

288 posts in this topic

Oh, you mean like this?...

Rocket Raccoon 1

Our good ol pal, divad, thought It would be cute to provide me with that link when I was looking for a copy. He went on to say that It was actually his copy he was trying to sell. I wonder why there werent any bids hm

Looks like he's still fishing for a sucker...

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

Haven't seen this mentioned yet: there are sellers who value their books more highly than the market does, at least at the time of the listing, and are perfectly content keeping the book until and if they meet someone who likes the book more than the seller does.

In other words - not really looking to sell. (thumbs u

+1 i work on the real state , and some sellers have prices above market because they are simply not ready to sell

quick thought-if you're not ready to sell, don't put it up for sale.

If they put it up at an "offer they can't refuse" price, then they are ready to sell at that price and that price only.

I still don't see where people get up in arms when other people ask for however much they want to on their own stuff.

:shrug:

-slym

I can see people being annoyed for wasting their time.

Haven't seen this mentioned yet: there are sellers who value their books more highly than the market does, at least at the time of the listing, and are perfectly content keeping the book until and if they meet someone who likes the book more than the seller does.

+1 i work on the real state , and some sellers have prices above market because they are simply not ready to sell

If they put it up at an "offer they can't refuse" price, then they are ready to sell at that price and that price only.

I still don't see where people get up in arms when other people ask for however much they want to on their own stuff.

-slym

Do you understand the original question? ???

This discussion is about sellers using the Best Offer function but not accepting best offers. :makepoint:

-slym

Because they want it, but aren't willing to pay the asking price. ;)

A lot of people simply do not understand the concepts of "opportunity cost" and the value of time.

How much time is wasted by those seeking to find the best price for their things?

Granted, if there are two functionally identical items for sale, at the same time, and in the same place, and each would take the same amount of effort to acquire, then yes, the cheaper one is the best choice.

But what if those conditions do not exist? How much time and effort is spent searching for that best deal, when the "not so great deal" is sitting in front of you, and you could be enjoying it?

"Lo barato sale caro" - you frequently get what you pay for, when a little extra investment wouldn't have cost you nearly as much.

That said - "Time wasted doing what you enjoy is not wasted time."

;)

-slym

How is their time wasted? Are they not already spending the time searching?

What is the amount of time it takes to process A. the item you want appearing in front of you, and B. determining that it is priced higher than you want to pay?

A second or two...?

-slym

What is the amount of time it takes to process A. the item you want appearing in front of you, and B. determining that it is priced higher than you want to pay?

A second or two...?

That's 2 seconds that could have been spent posting here.

-slym

A second or two...?

That's 2 seconds that could have been spent posting here.

True enough.

:whee:

They're fishing for suckers, "comicmylars" and "comicmancomicsbooks1stapp" (aka Blackstar Comics) are two of the biggest offenders.

I had to laugh when I went on Blackstar's eBay to see a German Variant Hulk 181 9.8 listed for 5k

They're fishing for suckers, "comicmylars" and "comicmancomicsbooks1stapp" (aka Blackstar Comics) are two of the biggest offenders.

I had to laugh when I went on Blackstar's eBay to see a German Variant Hulk 181 9.8 listed for 5k

Mein Gott!

Rocket Raccoon 1

Our good ol pal, divad, thought It would be cute to provide me with that link when I was looking for a copy. He went on to say that It was actually his copy he was trying to sell. I wonder why there werent any bids hm

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

meh One, I didn't think it was cute. You were looking for the book. You didn't bother to PM me. I would have given you a deal (before I knew what you were really like). lol

Two, you're a cheap-azz troll.

Three, there aren't any bids, because most buyers on eBay prefer to gamble on tiny-azz little photos, than commit to paying FMV for a book.

Four, by "sucker" if you mean a buyer, yes. :grin:

Now carry on, loser. ;)

Do you understand the original question? ???

This discussion is about sellers using the Best Offer function but not accepting best offers. :makepoint:

I understand it well, but the current convo drifted away from the OP. If you don't believe me, look at the current convo that you quoted.

:makepoint:

-slym

Rocket Raccoon 1

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

meh One, I didn't think it was cute. You were looking for the book. You didn't bother to PM me. I would have given you a deal (before I knew what you were really like). lol

Three, there aren't any bids, because most buyers on eBay prefer to gamble on tiny-azz little photos, than commit to paying FMV for a book.

Now carry on, loser. ;)

:popcorn::o:ohnoez::popcorn::shy::popcorn::eek::flamed::popcorn::preach::troll::popcorn::fear::fear::popcorn:

Rocket Raccoon 1

RR1

:popcorn::o:ohnoez::popcorn::shy::popcorn::eek::flamed::popcorn::preach::troll::popcorn::fear::fear::popcorn:

Way to go divad! lol

Now carry on, loser. ;)

Quote fail

Rocket Raccoon 1

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

Now carry on, loser. ;)

:o

Boom_Goes_The_Dynamite.jpg

Rocket Raccoon 1

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

So Divad is selling a raw legit 9.8 of a book with a starting bid of $90 that last sold for $250 slabbed and you think he's "fishing for a sucker"? :facepalm:

Hopefully your dislike of Divad has clouded your judgement because from where I'm standing, you either have no idea about the market you play in or you're a perpetual low baller who offers a sliver of FMV in hopes of finding a "sucker".