• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stubborn eBay Sellers...what's their game plan?

288 posts in this topic

Oh, you mean like this?...

Rocket Raccoon 1

Our good ol pal, divad, thought It would be cute to provide me with that link when I was looking for a copy. He went on to say that It was actually his copy he was trying to sell. I wonder why there werent any bids hm

Looks like he's still fishing for a sucker...

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

meh One, I didn't think it was cute. You were looking for the book. You didn't bother to PM me. I would have given you a deal (before I knew what you were really like). lol

Two, you're a cheap-azz troll.

Three, there aren't any bids, because most buyers on eBay prefer to gamble on tiny-azz little photos, than commit to paying FMV for a book.

Four, by "sucker" if you mean a buyer, yes. :grin:

Now carry on, loser. ;)

As soon as I saw how much you were trying to get on ebay for that book, I knew that I didn't want to conduct business with you. So why exactly would I PM you asking for a deal?

It doesn't surprise me at all that you feel it necessary to revert to childish name calling after I exposed your laughable ebay listing to everyone. I mean, what else do you really have to defend yourself with?

"Three, there aren't any bids, because most buyers on eBay prefer to gamble on tiny-azz little photos, than commit to paying FMV for a book."

This statement really makes me question your business ethics. You're basically saying that If you had " tiny-azz little photos" in your listing then people would be bidding on this, because that's what most ebay buyers prefer? :facepalm: I'd say that's a pretty condescending statement targeted at "most" ebay buyers. Face it. There aren't any bids, because you're overcharging for the book. Honestly, how many times have you re-listed this item???

In conclusion, (and before I go back to putting you on my ignore list), I would like to point out that you've pretty much validated my suspicion regarding your true character. Even though I kinda feel that it's a waste of time to even talk to you, I do feel somewhat compelled to inform you that the more you try to defend yourself concerning this subject, the more you are only embarrassing yourself and those around you.

Now carry on, with more name calling If you prefer ;)

I don't have a problem with Darkowl outside of that comment about Divad's auction. If you're going to call someone out for trying to sucker in a buyer above FMV, you should absolutely not do it when all data points suggest otherwise.

I doubt it's a big deal, but I guess we'll see. lol

Rocket Raccoon 1

Our good ol pal, divad, thought It would be cute to provide me with that link when I was looking for a copy. He went on to say that It was actually his copy he was trying to sell. I wonder why there werent any bids hm

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

So Divad is selling a raw legit 9.8 of a book with a starting bid of $90 that last sold for $250 slabbed and you think he's "fishing for a sucker"? :facepalm:

Hopefully your dislike of Divad has clouded your judgement because from where I'm standing, you either have no idea about the market you play in or you're a perpetual low baller who offers a sliver of FMV in hopes of finding a "sucker".

There's a huge difference between a self proclaimed raw 9.8, and a CGC 9.8.

He admitted to fishing. If this book was such a good deal, it would have been purchased by now.

Rocket Raccoon 1

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

So Divad is selling a raw legit 9.8 of a book with a starting bid of $90 that last sold for $250 slabbed and you think he's "fishing for a sucker"? :facepalm:

Hopefully your dislike of Divad has clouded your judgement because from where I'm standing, you either have no idea about the market you play in or you're a perpetual low baller who offers a sliver of FMV in hopes of finding a "sucker".

He admitted to fishing. If this book was such a good deal, it would have been purchased by now.

There is a huge difference, absolutely. Between the minimal cost of grading fees, the unlucky possibility that the book hits 9.6 (it looks true 9.8 IMO), there is still more than enough profit margin to justify the gamble and the raw price. That's a $160 profit window before grading costs.

Selling a raw 9.8 even with hi res photos and a stellar rep on ebay is difficult. For every 30 BS 9.8 raw sellers out there, there's the one Divad who accurately grades. Nothing is wrong with his price.

In your opinion, what should a raw 9.8 candidate sell for?

Rocket Raccoon 1

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

Why would you call Divad out like this and say he's looking for a "sucker?"

Unless I'm missing something, it appears that he was trying to help you.

I'll see if the best offer I put on a book will be accepted or if its just ignored. Book is 159 and 10 shipping and so I put a offer of 140. Who knows?

I recently sold a new mutants 98 9.4 and had it listed at 189 and accepted 160 which was fine with me

Rocket Raccoon 1

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

meh One, I didn't think it was cute. You were looking for the book. You didn't bother to PM me. I would have given you a deal (before I knew what you were really like). lol

Two, you're a cheap-azz troll.

Three, there aren't any bids, because most buyers on eBay prefer to gamble on tiny-azz little photos, than commit to paying FMV for a book.

Four, by "sucker" if you mean a buyer, yes. :grin:

Now carry on, loser. ;)

As soon as I saw how much you were trying to get on ebay for that book, I knew that I didn't want to conduct business with you. So why exactly would I PM you asking for a deal?

It doesn't surprise me at all that you feel it necessary to revert to childish name calling after I exposed your laughable ebay listing to everyone. I mean, what else do you really have to defend yourself with?

"Three, there aren't any bids, because most buyers on eBay prefer to gamble on tiny-azz little photos, than commit to paying FMV for a book."

This statement really makes me question your business ethics. You're basically saying that If you had " tiny-azz little photos" in your listing then people would be bidding on this, because that's what most ebay buyers prefer? :facepalm: I'd say that's a pretty condescending statement targeted at "most" ebay buyers. Face it. There aren't any bids, because you're overcharging for the book. Honestly, how many times have you re-listed this item???

In conclusion, (and before I go back to putting you on my ignore list), I would like to point out that you've pretty much validated my suspicion regarding your true character. Even though I kinda feel that it's a waste of time to even talk to you, I do feel somewhat compelled to inform you that the more you try to defend yourself concerning this subject, the more you are only embarrassing yourself and those around you.

Now carry on, with more name calling If you prefer ;)

epicthread.gif

Rocket Raccoon 1

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

There is a huge difference, absolutely. Between the minimal cost of grading fees, the unlucky possibility that the book hits 9.6 (it looks true 9.8 IMO), there is still more than enough profit margin to justify the gamble and the raw price. That's a $160 profit window before grading costs.

Selling a raw 9.8 even with hi res photos and a stellar rep on ebay is difficult. For every 30 BS 9.8 raw sellers out there, there's the one Divad who accurately grades. Nothing is wrong with his price.

i sold a raw ASM 300 for $190-it was flawless-not a single spine tick. i think it was a fair price.

Rocket Raccoon 1

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

i sold a raw ASM 300 for $190-it was flawless-not a single spine tick. i think it was a fair price.

:whatev:

Rocket Raccoon 1

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

just answering the question brah

Rocket Raccoon 1

RR1

Way to go divad! lol

just answering the question brah

2pjyLxA.gif

My favorite is on ComicLink where there's a high price, you make a bid, and the counter offer is (wait for it) the same high price. Thanks.

Kinda like Metro but they offer you free shipping :eyeroll:

I thought we were talking about Rocket Raccoon # 1 and not Amazing Spiderman 300? ???

remember kav gets distracted easily