• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your comic "pet peeve?"

54 posts in this topic

Like the title says, but allow me to give an example. I despise spine splits, they drive me CRAZY. :mad: Another thing I cannot stand is large color breaks or distortions (such as color flake-off, or ink transfer from another comic).

What bothers you when you see a damaged comic? I would love to hear from you guys!

Rodent chews or embedded insect remnants.

On another note, the only consistently disqualifying defect for me is "incompleteness." I have no problem with single pages of a legendary book, I suppose because "what you see is what you get," and you know what you're getting.(Or put another way, they are *complete* pages.)

But there's just something that bothers me irrationally about pages missing, or I suppose even coupons cut, whether or not affecting story.

Rusty staples
I'm always amazed that a book with rusty staples that create stains on the cover can grade north of an 8.5, but a microscopic stain will send your grade plummeting. :blahblah:

But I +1 this. Rusty staples were always a deal breaker with me, regardless of how nice the book might be otherwise.