• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM #1- Test Your Skill - Book is slabbed - See Page 5 for Better pic

72 posts in this topic

The new pictures are great but it doesn't change my mind! I do agree with other boardies though with regard to the SL signature. But it really is a personal preference and after all it is your book!

I think it is beautiful just the way it is!pinkglassesf.gif

Your sharper pics have made me lower my grade by quite a bit.

Now I am 4.5/5.0. If I had a phaser to my head, 5.0!

Brilliant colors though. I am also basing this on what I think are

creases or lines in the upper left.

IMO ...

A press will not help the grade and SL's Sig (too many) will not help the value. Years ago Sigs were really cool on SA books but today they are everywhere.

I would leave this beautiful book as it is and be very proud of it .... as it is. (thumbs u

You have a point. I panic when I have to put a book like this in the mail. May it's worth keeping it universal. So confused now

My issue with an SL sig is that beyond it being very common, it's not the most attractive signature to begin with, and some examples looked rushed and even more illegible than normal, especially the ones where it's clear the pen tip is getting blunted from use. I'm not a signed copy collector, but if I was. I'd hate to have one that just looked like a fat black scribble across the book.

A while back someone posted a ToS 39 with a smaller ballpoint "Stan Lee '75" autograph ( unverified obviously) where each letter was clear and first and the Stan and Lee separated. To me that was way cooler than a recent SS book.

6 pages of guesses my dude. Lets hear it now. Whas the grade

As promised in this thread. Picture will be displayed at 8PM EST today..... Only a a few more hours :)