• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The MAAAAAAADNESSSSSSS is Over!

1,406 posts in this topic

I dread those Cheetah sales threads. All those books I want. So many more I would love to buy, but my bank manager would call me and ask to pass by for a talk if I would.

Don't send them to Heritage. Keep them and have another sales thread here in a couple of months.

Thanks for all the great books so far.

Nooooooo! I just have toooooooo many books so I am making impossible choices on what to let go. A lot if what I will be offering are special-quality books that I've gotten through begging, pleading and fighting.

Why are you selling all these cool comics anyway? Are you trying to raise working capital to go drinking?

???

Marvel Premiere 58, CGC 9.8, OW/W $50.00

Marvel Premiere 59, CGC 9.8, OW/W $62.00

Marvel Premiere 60, CGC 9.8, white, Golden State Copy $45.00

These three if still available sir :D

:takeit:

xxx ooo

Rupp

Nooooooo! I just have toooooooo many books so I am making impossible choices on what to let go. A lot if what I will be offering are special-quality books that I've gotten through begging, pleading and fighting.

Why are you selling all these cool comics anyway? Are you trying to raise working capital to go drinking?

???

He's not, I think this thread is closed!

:insane:

I've spent the last week boxing things up to go to Heritage. I'm still not done yet. I'll make a Last Call today. If you have non-buyer's remorse, post or send me a PM and I'll pull them out before the FedEx man gets here.

Thanks, guys. I admit that this thread has strained my already-sketchy organization skills. Just realized today I had two orders I hadn't shipped!

I've spent the last week boxing things up to go to Heritage. I'm still not done yet. I'll make a Last Call today. If you have non-buyer's remorse, post or send me a PM and I'll pull them out before the FedEx man gets here.

Pull all the books I like. You know I'll buy them some day... (Payment plan might have to be made for the next 20 years though :grin:)

A lot of folks have asked me why I am selling so much, particularly my Planet run. I thought this was the best place to address it and not repeat it ad nauseum In PMs.

First off, I'm not selling because I think the comic book market is going to crash. I'm not selling because I think the competition is going to make CGC books less valuable. I'm not selling because I am leaving CGC for someone else.

And I'm not selling because I am giving up collecting comics.

I am selling because I have over 7,000 CGC graded comics and space is not infinite (but clutter appears to be). I've got something like 30,000 raw comics, too.

I also like to complete full runs of titles and, when they are done, sometimes it feels right to practice catch-and-release. So is the case with my Planets.

Ergo, nothing for vendors to fear for me taking my obsessive tendencies elsewhere. Other collectors will still have to cope with me when we cross paths.

Now, with the exception of mcmiles and comicdey, if you have not received an invoice for something you bought in this thread, please contact me ASAP, as I have apparently missed you.

We've never met but I've bought one book from you and you've bought one book from me.

My wild personal idea (not that I shared with anyone else of course) was I thought maybe you bought New Force's All Star 8 8.0, since you started this thread right after Megacon. Just a fanciful idea,the kind we all make up when coincidences strike us.

7,000 graded comics? I'm going through a similar space-saving exercise but on a much smaller scale.

We've never met but I've bought one book from you and you've bought one book from me.

My wild personal idea (not that I shared with anyone else of course) was I thought maybe you bought New Force's All Star 8 8.0, since you started this thread right after Megacon. Just a fanciful idea,the kind we all make up when coincidences strike us.

7,000 graded comics? I'm going through a similar space-saving exercise but on a much smaller scale.

I should have added that I don't have any big purchases planned so the purge wasn't prompted by a different book being available.

I have over 7,000 CGC graded comics and space is not infinite (but clutter appears to be). I've got something like 30,000 raw comics, too.

I feel for your floor joists and foundation. That's a lot of weight. :o

lol