• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Expansion Requests April 2014

369 posts in this topic

1. I would like Spider-man Unlimited set added for all volumes.

2. Superior Spider-man Corrected for Variant 17 and 19 and Annual #2 which are missing tables! You get no point valves for these books in the registry? I think this was a mistake!

3. I would like to see Variants added to the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man set. I think there are only 5 variants for #1, #2, #3, #4 and #24. There are 2nd printings for #1 and #17 also.

Thanks

I think there are a couple of mistakes in this set....

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2013)

Issue #1 has 21 total covers, however, the set currently has 22 covers

I believe this one should be removed, as all others are accounted for...

Guardians of the Galaxy 1 Variant Edition

Issue #4 has 5 total covers and all Variants are accounted for except...

Guardians of the Galaxy 4 Variant Edition -

Should be...

Guardians of the Galaxy 4 Second Printing

Issue #5 is missing one cover variant

DF Mike Deodato Variant Edition

Issue #11 is missing 4 Variant covers...

Chris Samnee Animal Variant

Dale Keown Variant Cover

Dale Keown Sketch Variant Cover

Second Printing

I have added these to the set, but just so you are aware books can not be added until they are graded. There is not an automated signal that sends me a list of books that are graded and then need to be added... my automated signal is you guys! So, just let me know what books are needed to be added to the set (s).

Also, Guardians of the Galaxy #4, I do not see anything labeled in our system Second Printing, I only see Variant Cover. That title will remain the same unless you want to send me a scan of your book and the label that states second printing.

Thanks!

Nicole

Hello Nicole,

Can you add the following Book to the Registry Titled Purgatori (1996-2002):

Purgatori: God Hunter #1 Premium Edition (Cert#0154710006)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following requests are also for the registry titled Purgatori (1996-2002), but they're more like clean-up requests than additions.

Can you combine the two Registry entries:

Purgatori vs. Chastity nn Deluxe Edition (2000)

Purgatori vs. Chastity 1 Premium Edition (2000)

They are the same book (cert#0125525007)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you split up the registry entry Purgatori vs. Chastity nn (2000) - it should be two different entries. Reason: each book was virtually the same except for the ending. The book with "Ending Alpha" on the front cover had Purgatori winning and the book with "Ending Omega" on the cover had Chastity winning. They're similar books but still require two different Registry entries. I know this must sound like retarded monkey stuff, but it's the right way:

Purgatori vs. Chastity nn (Ending Alpha) Cert#0125525017

Purgatori vs. Chastity nn (Ending Omega) Cert#0125525018

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another request for the same registry titled Purgatori (1996-2002):

The entries titled -

Purgatori vs. Lady Death 1 Premium Edition (2001)

Purgatori vs. Lady Death Ashcan #1 Platinum Edition

are out of order....as in they are not next to each other (one is towards the middle of the registry and the other is at the bottom almost) Same goes for the entry titled

Purgatori: The Hunted Ashcan #nn Premium Edition (it's mixed in with the God Hunter entries)

My final request is for the registry titled Evil Ernie (1993-2002). At the top of the registry list you'll see entries -

Evil Ernie 1/2

Evil Ernie 1/2 Wizard Special Edition

Both are Wizard Special Editions, but with this difference - the first entry is a "Glow-in-the-Dark: cover and the second entry is a "Green Foil Edition". I noticed that you can add either book to either registry entry interchangeably. But if you add those descriptions to the entry titles it might resolve the confusion.

Well I hope I didn't bore you too much with this "stuff", but I appreciate your help regardless.

Thank You - Waylon

Request:

Can you split up the registry entry Purgatori vs. Chastity nn (2000) - it should be two different entries. Reason: each book was virtually the same except for the ending. The book with "Ending Alpha" on the front cover had Purgatori winning and the book with "Ending Omega" on the cover had Chastity winning. They're similar books but still require two different Registry entries. I know this must sound like retarded monkey stuff, but it's the right way:

These have the same Comic ID number. I can not separate. If you want you can send the book in for us to look at and see if they need separate titles. That is the only way I can separate them.

Hello Nicole,

this is in regards to earlier Registry changes to the set titled Purgatori (1996-2002). The changes were made as requested (Thank you very much!) but there were two things left out or omitted.

Can you change the registry entry name for Purgatori vs. Chastity nn Deluxe Edition (2000) to Purgatori vs. Chastity 1 Premium Edition (2000)Cert#0125525007

Can you split up the registry entry Purgatori vs. Chastity nn (2000) - it should be two different entries. Reason: each book was virtually the same except for the ending. The book with "Ending Alpha" on the front cover had Purgatori winning and the book with "Ending Omega" on the cover had Chastity winning. They're similar books but still require two different Registry entries.

Thank you again - Waylon

Man - I just missed your reply. I had just posted the same request again(along with a new one) for those Purgatori Vs Chastity Alpha and Omega Books.

I guess my concern about sending them back to you (CGC) is having to pay a Reholder fee, because that's honestly what it will take. Both books are labled incorrectly....well maybe not incorrectly...more like they were treated as generic. I mean if you open them, you can see the difference in the endings even though both have the exact same covers.

Is there anything to do for these registry corrections that does not involve me paying reholder fees to just get the right labels put on? Thanks - Waylon

Man - I just missed your reply. I had just posted the same request again(along with a new one) for those Purgatori Vs Chastity Alpha and Omega Books.

I guess my concern about sending them back to you (CGC) is having to pay a Reholder fee, because that's honestly what it will take. Both books are labled incorrectly....well maybe not incorrectly...more like they were treated as generic. I mean if you open them, you can see the difference in the endings even though both have the exact same covers.

Is there anything to do for these registry corrections that does not involve me paying reholder fees to just get the right labels put on? Thanks - Waylon

You would not have to pay the re-holder fee. You would just need to pay for the shipping to us. Or, you can drop the book(s) off to us at a show.

Thanks,

Nicole

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the update on the WD sets. Can you please add the WD 1 Emerald City Sketch variant as well?

Thanks

Tim

Books can not be added until they have hit the census.

Thanks,

Nicole

Hello,

Please add this book to these sets:

Set:

1. Darkness

2. Darkness Complete

Book: Darkness Vol 3 #7 Convention

Thanks!

Hello,

Haven't seen any update for those 2 sets, can you add the book?

1 more book request:

Set:

1. Darkness

2. Darkness Complete

Book: Darkness Vol 3 #115

Thank you!

Nicole/Gemma,

Is it possible to also add the Turok Dinosaur Hunter (Valiant) #1 "Manufacturing Error" variant to the Turok Dinosaur Hunter (Valiant) set? I have seen several slabbed books of this particular issue (it was published without the standard chrome center artwork in the cover) in "Qualified" grade from CGC, up for grabs in Ebay.

Gemma/Nicole:

Recommended additions to the Turok Son of Stone (1954) set:

1. #79 20-Cent Variant (sample: 0193932020)

2. #83 Mark Jeweler Insert Variant (sample: 0193932021)

3. #87 Mark Jeweler Insert Variant (sample: 0193932022)

4. #89 Mark Jeweler Insert Variant (sample: 0193932023)

Thanks!

Gemma and/or Nicole:

Hello! :hi:

I must have missed the discussion about this one, but somewhere along the line, someone must have requested that First Comics Graphic Novel #9 be added to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (volume 1) set. Please consider this a formal request to remove it from the set.

Before adding this book, all of the books from the set were published directly from Mirage and while there were plenty of reprints, there were no collected editions (trades) in the set. There was once a request that Turtlemania be added to the set and it was denied as it wasn't published my Mirage as part of volume 1's set. I agreed with the denial and suggest that the First Comics Graphic Novel book be removed from the volume 1 set for a similar reason. Below is my reasoning if anyone cares to read.

I wouldn't be opposed to having a TMNT graphic novels set if someone really wanted the book in the registry. There are plenty of books that could be eligible for such a set. First Comics published multiple printings of trade volumes 1-4. On top of that, there are trades that Mirage actually did publish that contain stories from volume 1. Trades 2-7, Shell Shock, and Soul's Winter were all printed by Mirage and could all be eligible in such a set.

Please note that I'm not requesting a TMNT collected edition set, just that a set like that could be created to appease the original requester.

In short, the First Comics Graphic Novel has no place in the TMNT volume 1 set and I respectfully request its removal. Thanks!

-Adam

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the update on the WD sets. Can you please add the WD 1 Emerald City Sketch variant as well?

Thanks

Tim

+1

These should be in the census by now - I've seen 5-6 auctions of the sketch variants on eBay. If we can get these added that would be awesome - thanks for all your hard work as always, Nicole! It is definitely appreciated :)

Hi Ladies,

Thanks

Tim

+1

These should be in the census by now - I've seen 5-6 auctions of the sketch variants on eBay. If we can get these added that would be awesome - thanks for all your hard work as always, Nicole! It is definitely appreciated :)

It is part of the "with variants" set. Which is correct. :)

Gemma and/or Nicole:

Hello! :hi:

I must have missed the discussion about this one, but somewhere along the line, someone must have requested that First Comics Graphic Novel #9 be added to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (volume 1) set. Please consider this a formal request to remove it from the set.

Before adding this book, all of the books from the set were published directly from Mirage and while there were plenty of reprints, there were no collected editions (trades) in the set. There was once a request that Turtlemania be added to the set and it was denied as it wasn't published my Mirage as part of volume 1's set. I agreed with the denial and suggest that the First Comics Graphic Novel book be removed from the volume 1 set for a similar reason. Below is my reasoning if anyone cares to read.

I wouldn't be opposed to having a TMNT graphic novels set if someone really wanted the book in the registry. There are plenty of books that could be eligible for such a set. First Comics published multiple printings of trade volumes 1-4. On top of that, there are trades that Mirage actually did publish that contain stories from volume 1. Trades 2-7, Shell Shock, and Soul's Winter were all printed by Mirage and could all be eligible in such a set.

Please note that I'm not requesting a TMNT collected edition set, just that a set like that could be created to appease the original requester.

In short, the First Comics Graphic Novel has no place in the TMNT volume 1 set and I respectfully request its removal. Thanks!

-Adam

+1