• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Expansion Requests April 2014

369 posts in this topic

I don't really care either way if the MoS 19 reprint or TBP are kept in or not. I have them both in my current set but if they are removed so be it. I understand the reasons why people believe they do not belong in the set. Maybe keep them but in a non-competitive slot? I'm not really concerned about the point values for these.

I vote no for including the post-epilogue issues however. Unless I'm mistaken none of them are included in any of the omnibus collections available today and while the stories are related to the set as a whole, they act more as a bridge between this set and the new story arcs for the new characters.

The 2005 Mattel reprint of SMOS 19 should not be removed. It is a comic. It has unique cover art. It was created to be a collectible. It was only just added at the request of more than one person. It is a reprint not unlike any other reprint in the set except it came several years after the fact. How does that fact remotely matter? This is a site about collecting comics. This is a comic that belongs in the death of Superman set and the SMOS set.

Where I can agree that TPBs are out of place in a comic book registry, how is a comic book reprint in the death of Superman storyline out of place in a comic book registry set about the Death of Superman? How does it detract from or mar the set?

If we started including books printed 20+ years after the original set then would we have include DCU Legacies #7 which reprints the storyline? It just opens the door for many more books to be added. I am not against them because I don't have them, I just don't feel they belong in an original set.

215047_20101120150235_large.jpg

I understand and respect the arguments against. We all have our own ideas about collecting and what belongs where. It's issues such as these that led me to propose a "clean" Death and Return of Superman set composed strictly of first printings. I personally see the present set as a catch-all, with the reprints, collector's eds., etc. outnumbering the actual first printings (as I state in the intro to my set, I am not a collector of reprints unless they differ in cover art). Like I said earlier, I was opposed to the addition of the trade to the set, but it went through anyway, even though it is not even a comic, but rather a book OF comics. To my mind, the Mattel reprint is just another reprint to go along with the boatload of contemporaneous reprints already in there. I'm not really moved by the fact that it's many years after the fact. It is MOS 19 down to the letter, and therefore to my mind goes in this set. To me, it's just another reprint, albeit down the road a bit.

Seeing as it's only 20 points in value (mine's a 9.6), it's not a dealbreaker in a set I'll never be competitive in anyway. But I did just purchase it for many tens of dollars solely to put in this set. I'd like very much to see it stay. I'm asking you fellow Superman collectors to concede this one, as I conceded the trade addition.

As for the other three issues under discussion, I don't feel strongly about those one way or the other. I do own a couple of them, but as was earlier stated, they are not collected in the trade compilations, so probably don't actually belong in the set.

This will be my last word on this topic, thanks.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 2014 (w/ variants)-

This will be graded as we did in the Grimm Fairy Tales books set. It will hold a generic score value. Since it is new and there is no established history of sales it will hold this score and we can re-evaluate in the future.

Thank you for understanding.

Nicole

East of West discussion.

Can we move this to a new thread to discuss? It will be easier for me to distinguish the set additions that need to be done. If/when moved I will keep an eye on it to find out resolution.

Thanks,

Nicole

There is a vote going on.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7681127#Post7681127

Let's give it about a week and see where we stand.

Thanks!

Thank you. Can you help keep track of this? Give me a reminder PM once we have all come to an agreement of some sort?

Thanks,

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

Could i get the following 3 books added to the J Scott Campbell registry set:

Indestructible Hulk Special #1 Campbell Variant Edition

All New X-Men Special #1 Campbell Variant Edition

The Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #1 Campbell Variant Edition

Thank you, as always.

just got my books from CGC, couldn't find these in the set or other sets.....i was sure the 3d covers would be there or even under their own set but found nothing

if these are there could you let me know where so i can add them

Dawn set

dawn 2011 sketchbook 0225501013

dreams of dawn 1/2 0225501022

Silver Surfer set

silver surfer 100 marvel watch variant 0225501023

Justice League of America set

justice league of america 7.4 3D 0225501030

Penny for your Soul set

penny for you soul v3 3 cover c 0225501018

darkchylde set / darkness set

darkness/darkchylde: kingdom pain 1 variant 0225501004

ty

As for the epilogue issues being added to the Death and Return of Superman set, I will not push for them to be included again. After more consideration, I have not changed my mind about the TPB for the Death of Superman Platinum Edition or the 2005 MOS 19 reprint, I still feel they do not belong in the set.

As for the epilogue issues being added to the Death and Return of Superman set, I will not push for them to be included again. After more consideration, I have not changed my mind about the TPB for the Death of Superman Platinum Edition or the 2005 MOS 19 reprint, I still feel they do not belong in the set.

And I feel that S:MOS 19 Mattel reprint should stay in the set, for reasons I've already outlined.

What about MOS 27? It was released before Superman 83 the epilogue issue but it was removed with the others?

What do you guys think about adding the Adv. of Superman 500 Platinum Error Edition?

Hi Nicole.

Would you please add to the Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return) set:

Action Comics 683 2nd Print

Superman: The Legacy of Superman #1 2nd Print

Thank you

What about MOS 27? It was released before Superman 83 the epilogue issue but it was removed with the others?

What do you guys think about adding the Adv. of Superman 500 Platinum Error Edition?

I'm fine with both additions. (Actually never heard of the Error Edition before now.)

I'm fine with both additions. (Actually never heard of the Error Edition before now.)

I'm fine with both additions also, what is this Error Edition for Adv #500?

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man has a problem! The Variants are mixed up with the regular issues. So if I have FNSM #4 regular issue and a FNSM #4 Variant issue there is only one slot available. There needs to be 6 rows added for the variants and 2nd printings listed below:

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man - Add the following Variants

#1 Variant Edition The Other "Spider Octopus" Cover

#2 Variant Edition The Other "Bag Man" Cover

#3 Variant Edition The Other "Cosmic Spider" Cover

#4 Variant Edition The Other "Peter Octopus" Cover

#17 2nd Printing Variant

#24 Variant Edition One More Day "Mary Jane" Cover

The name of the set should be changed to Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (complete with variants)

This is what the set looks like now with no rows for the variants.

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 1 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 2 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 3 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 4 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 5 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 6 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 7 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 8 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 9 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 10 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 11 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 12 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 13 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 14 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 15 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 16 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 17 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 18 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 19 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 20 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 21 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 22 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 23 No Comic Shop eBay

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 24 No Comic Shop eBay

Here is a picture of one that I sold.

It says Manufactured without full platinum ink. You can see a color difference when you hold them side by side with a regular one. I didn't even know it exisited until I saw one on eBay.

scan0084_zpsf768c8ec.jpg

Here is a picture of one that I sold.

It says Manufactured without full platinum ink. You can see a color difference when you hold them side by side with a regular one. I didn't even know it exisited until I saw one on eBay.

scan0084_zpsf768c8ec.jpg

I'm fine with the Platinum Error edition of AoS 500 being added. But I still vote No on MoS 27. It was printed before the epilogue issue but the story is unrelated (it starts the Bloodthirst storyline) and is not even referenced or mentioned in the epilogue. I also don't believe any of it is included in the omnibus collections. If someone can show me otherwise I would change my vote.