• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Expansion Requests April 2014

369 posts in this topic

In the Full Set Request lies this:

In the X-Force Set could you make X-Force #1 and the other variants with #50 and #100 as well their own entries instead of collecting them all into one place?

This is talking about X-Force (1991) books or variants which now that the complete set has variants and such I say just add this in the X-Force (Complete) Registry Set instead of building a whole new set. Their are already different variants from X-Force (2008) in there as well as 2nd Printings.

Also could you add the X-Force (2014) books to the X-Force Complete Set to include:

X-Force 1

X-Force 1 Sketch

X-Force 1 Variant

X-Force 2

X-Force 2 Variant

X-Force 3

X-Force 4

May I please have Detective Comics (2011) set amended to include 23.1, 23.1 (variant), 23.3, and 23.3 (variant)...

Under the assumption that the variant designation is for the lenticular cover...

I got 'em signed, sealed and they're on their way to delivered...and I might just want to have a set for 'em.

Thanks

Lee K

Could you please add the second printings of Amazing Spider-man #361 and 362 to the following sets:

Amazing Spider-man #1-441

Amazing Spider-man #301-400

Thanks very much!

I could be wrong but aren't these sets just for 1st printings and not additional printings and variants?

K.

Could you please add the second printings of Amazing Spider-man #361 and 362 to the following sets:

Thanks very much!

I could be wrong but aren't these sets just for 1st printings and not additional printings and variants?

K.

I originally requested the #1-441 set and don't recall setting that stipulation, and I'm not aware of either set having that limitation.

Looking at the following sets, I don't see any of them containing variants or multiple printings.

Amazing Spider-man #101-200

Amazing Spider-man #201-300

Amazing Spider-man #401-441

Amazing Spider-Man Volume 2 #1 - #58

Amazing Spider-man #501-600

Amazing Spider-man #601-700

I agree there is no reason not to have both multiple printings or variants in these sets but if we're going to have them in some, we should have them in all of them.

K.

Aren't those reprints already in the ASM (Complete with Variants) set?

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=1288

Based on the ASM set structure, it seems pretty obvious that the regular sets (Amazing Spider-man #1-441, Amazing Spider-man #101-200, etc) are set up not to contain reprints & variants - which is why there's a specific "complete with variants" registry set ...

Aren't those reprints already in the ASM (Complete with Variants) set?

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=1288

Based on the ASM set structure, it seems pretty obvious that the regular sets (Amazing Spider-man #1-441, Amazing Spider-man #101-200, etc) are set up not to contain reprints & variants - which is why there's a specific "complete with variants" registry set ...

That's fine, I guess, but it'd be nice to have a #1-441 set with all variants (2nd prints, 30 or 35 centers, etc) for those that didn't follow the reboot or want to wade through 2000 issues we don't care about. Maybe a #1-441 complete with variants set.

Hello Ladies!!!

This is a correction for the Registry Set titled:

Evil Ernie (1993-2002)

at the top of the Registry there are two slots for the Evil Ernie 1/2 Wizard variants. One slot is for the Evil Ernie 1/2 (Glow in the Dark) version and the other is for the Evil Ernie 1/2 Wizard Special Edition (Green Foil Edition) version. I have both versions in CGC 9.8, but when I try to add my Glow in the Dark version it rejects it and puts in in the Green Foil Version slot.

Can you please add the following CGC Certified book to the slot titled Evil Ernie 1/2 (Glow in the Dark):

Thank you for your support!

Hello Ladies!!!

This is a correction for the Registry Set titled:

Evil Ernie (1993-2002)

at the top of the Registry there are two slots for the Evil Ernie 1/2 Wizard variants. One slot is for the Evil Ernie 1/2 (Glow in the Dark) version and the other is for the Evil Ernie 1/2 Wizard Special Edition (Green Foil Edition) version. I have both versions in CGC 9.8, but when I try to add my Glow in the Dark version it rejects it and puts in in the Green Foil Version slot.

Can you please add the following CGC Certified book to the slot titled Evil Ernie 1/2 (Glow in the Dark):

Thank you for your support!

That certification number is showing up in our system as Evil Ernie 1/2 Wizard Special Edition. So, it would go in this slot: Evil Ernie 1/2 Wizard Special Edition (Green Foil Edition). Possibly your book is labeled incorrectly? If you send me a scan I can have the grader check the label for you.

Thanks,

Nicole

Hello, can you add the following comics to the My Little Pony set?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #1 Lonestar Comics Edition

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #13 Retailer Incentive Edition

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #13 Subscription Edition

My Little Pony: Friends Forever #2 Retailer Incentive Edition

Thank you.

It seems that a dc essentials batman 1 has been added to the batman 2011 set but it was already a part of the set as simply dc essentials. Could you please merge the two or correct this as I would like to have 100% set completion for the registry awards.

Werewolf By Night #37 was added to the Moon Knight (1980) set sometime in the last month or two?

Curious as to why? It should not be part of the set.

It gets brought up as an addition every year or so and almost always it is unanimously not added because Moon Knight is not actually in the comic on a single panel..

(as a side note, the request was added by a 2nd place competitor trying to take the lead just shortly before the annual awards..... Which is dubious on the face of it.