• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Expansion Requests April 2014

369 posts in this topic

SET: Superman One-Shots

Request: Please add the following one-shots to this set:

Green Lantern/Superman: Legend of the Green Flame nn

Superman: Lois Lane (2014) 1

Thanks!

Please add to the Thanos Master registry set when you get the chance.

Silver Surfer v3 #37 (places between Silver Surfer #36 and #38 on the set list)

Silver Surfer v3 #42 (places between Thanos Quest #2 and Silver Surfer v3 #44)

Guardians of the Galaxy #25 (2008 series) NOTE - variant cover (Places right after the Guardians of the Galaxy #25 on the set list)

Thanos Annual #1 (2014) NOTE - 3 different covers

(placed last after infinity free comic book day#nn)

Thanks

Hello Nicole,

This is a correction for the Registry Set titled:

Evil Ernie (1993-2002)

at the top of the Registry there are two slots for the Evil Ernie 1/2 Wizard variants. One slot is for the Evil Ernie 1/2 (Glow in the Dark) version and the other is for the Evil Ernie 1/2 Wizard Special Edition (Green Foil Edition) version. I have both versions in CGC 9.8, but when I try to add my Glow in the Dark version it rejects it and puts in in the Green Foil Version slot.

Can you please add the following CGC Certified book to the slot titled Evil Ernie 1/2 (Glow in the Dark):

Thank you for your support!

Hello Nicole,

This is a correction for the Registry Set titled:

Evil Ernie (1993-2002)

at the top of the Registry there are two slots for the Evil Ernie 1/2 Wizard variants. One slot is for the Evil Ernie 1/2 (Glow in the Dark) version and the other is for the Evil Ernie 1/2 Wizard Special Edition (Green Foil Edition) version. I have both versions in CGC 9.8, but when I try to add my Glow in the Dark version it rejects it and puts in in the Green Foil Version slot.

Can you please add the following CGC Certified book to the slot titled Evil Ernie 1/2 (Glow in the Dark):

Thank you for your support!

Your book is labeled Wizard World Special Edition. If it is labeled wrong I will need a scan in order to fix it in our system. You can PM me a scan or e-mail me npaternostro@cgccomics.com.

Thanks,

Nicole

Werewolf By Night #37 was added to the Moon Knight (1980) set sometime in the last month or two?

Curious as to why? It should not be part of the set.

It gets brought up as an addition every year or so and almost always it is unanimously not added because Moon Knight is not actually in the comic on a single panel..

(as a side note, the request was added by a 2nd place competitor trying to take the lead just shortly before the annual awards..... Which is dubious on the face of it.

Do you know where the original discussion was? Technically, he is on the cover, so it was added. Please find/note/start the discussion and we can keep or remove.

Thanks!

Nicole

Werewolf By Night #37 was added to the Moon Knight (1980) set sometime in the last month or two?

It gets brought up as an addition every year or so and almost always it is unanimously not added because Moon Knight is not actually in the comic on a single panel..

(as a side note, the request was added by a 2nd place competitor trying to take the lead just shortly before the annual awards..... Which is dubious on the face of it.

Do you know where the original discussion was? Technically, he is on the cover, so it was added. Please find/note/start the discussion and we can keep or remove.

Thanks!

Nicole

In "the" MK thread found here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2934786&fpart=1

Brought up numerous times, but here's the highlights.. :)

from 2008:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2320806Post2320826

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2320826Post2320848

It usually comes down to what Joe sums up here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2324551Post2324551

It comes up a few more times over the life of the thread, but those are the salient posts/thoughts.

Thanks!

Nicole

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2934786&fpart=1

from 2008:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2320806Post2320826

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2320826Post2320848

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2324551Post2324551

It comes up a few more times over the life of the thread, but those are the salient posts/thoughts.

Am I missing something? He's on the cover, so he appears maybe not in the comic but umm..... on it...? I mean why not simply strip the books that are not actually part of the Moon Knight (1980) series such as WWbN series and the Marvel Spotlight and leave the Moon Knight (Master Set) as the be all, do all, know all of Moon Knight? That way sl4ppy gets his way sort of and we go more by the letter of the true series and what the set is named after. The Moon Knight (Master Set) technically is the place to showcase that book anyways.

Please add:

Miracleman #1 UK variant

Eclipse publisher

Not for sale in US and noted on CGC label as UK Variant.

Estimated minimal print run, should be worth as much as 15 or more. Probably the toughest MM book in high grade.

I will add more info as found! Anyone else?

Please add:

Miracleman #1 UK variant

Eclipse publisher

Not for sale in US and noted on CGC label as UK Variant.

Estimated minimal print run, should be worth as much as 15 or more. Probably the toughest MM book in high grade.

I will add more info as found! Anyone else?

+1

As the only genuine Miracleman variant out there, it belongs in the set.

The UK and US editions of #1 were published at the same time - the UK version is considered a variant due to this & the "Not for sale in North America" text in the indicia.

As far as I know, there were editions of MM #1 published in Spain and Brazil as well, but they came at a much later date and are considered foreign editions.

The UK and US editions of #1 were published at the same time - the UK version is considered a variant due to this & the "Not for sale in North America" text in the indicia.

As far as I know, there were editions of MM #1 published in Spain and Brazil as well, but they came at a much later date and are considered foreign editions.

Ok. I have to save this explanation for the Chew set when someone tries to add the Argentinian, Mexican, French or German variant.

Carry on. :)

Thanks!

Nicole

from 2008:

It is in the set as a non-competitive score/book.

Thanks,

Nicole

Why would it not be considered a foreign edition?

Both editions are marked with Eclipse (US) and Quality (UK) and I believe both were printed in Finland (certainly the UK variant was and it was published by Quality Comics). It is also possible that the UK copies were printed first - they all seem to have the same printing defect as the early "Gold" copies. I think either could be noted as foreign, it just depends on your perspective :) maybe the US ones should be noted as 2nd print U.S.Variant :baiting: ....seriously though I think they are jointly published at the same time, as mschmidt noted, so are variants of each other.

If anyone is after a U.K. variant, I might be able to help.....

Both editions are marked with Eclipse (US) and Quality (UK) and I believe both were printed in Finland (certainly the UK variant was and it was published by Quality Comics). It is also possible that the UK copies were printed first - they all seem to have the same printing defect as the early "Gold" copies. I think either could be noted as foreign, it just depends on your perspective :) maybe the US ones should be noted as 2nd print U.S.Variant :baiting:

The perspective is from US based company registry. :gossip:

Both editions are marked with Eclipse (US) and Quality (UK) and I believe both were printed in Finland (certainly the UK variant was and it was published by Quality Comics). It is also possible that the UK copies were printed first - they all seem to have the same printing defect as the early "Gold" copies. I think either could be noted as foreign, it just depends on your perspective :) maybe the US ones should be noted as 2nd print U.S.Variant :baiting:

The perspective is from US based company registry. :gossip:

Yeah I was only jesting....seriously though I think they were jointly published at the same time, as mschmidt noted, so are variants of each other.

Interesting if the "Other Company that cannot be named" had a UK facility, would the notation change to be from a UK perspective hm