• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saw Amazing SpiderMan 2

415 posts in this topic

When I was a kid in the 80's, Spiderman or any super heroes in a moderately believable movie was a pipe dream never to be realized. I think some people expect way to much from a super hero movie.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I'm sure if the movie was a "marvel" movie, folks would have already scored it a winner before it hit the theaters. Webb can't win. Character has too many fans who expect too much from the character and they should, but nothing he would do would ever satisfy it. One villain, folks would cry it's the wrong one, pick the right villain but it's not the right costume, and why gwen, where's Mary Jane, etc etc

I haven't seem the movie, but plan to. The 5 year old in me will be there to enjoy two hours etc.

Last time I checked, I'm not part of the academy of motion pictures and I don't approach movies like this as if I were.

Stop the presses! A reason to watch Spider-Man 2...

... credits that is.

"Spidey Gets an X-Men Assist in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Credits Scene"

https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/-the-amazing-spider-man-2--post-credits-scene-features-----the--x-men-192429195.html

Anyone catch it?

not really

For those curious, Variety reports the reason this teaser clip is in place is because The Amazing Spider-Man franchise director Marc Webb had an existing contract with Fox Searchlight to helm another film following 2009′s (500) Days of Summer. After The Amazing Spider-Man in 2012, Webb’s negotiations briefly stalled with Sony as he was caught in a tug-of-war with Fox. Eventually, Fox agreed to allow Webb to direct Sony’s sequel, but only if Sony would promote its X-Men film for free." So there you go. http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/x-men-days-of-future-past-has-a-clip-after-amazing-spider-man-2/

I read that the other day, and realized the match up was fulfilling a contract obligation. So I didn't bother posting it.

... credits that is.

https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/-the-amazing-spider-man-2--post-credits-scene-features-----the--x-men-192429195.html

Anyone catch it?

not really

For those curious, Variety reports the reason this teaser clip is in place is because The Amazing Spider-Man franchise director Marc Webb had an existing contract with Fox Searchlight to helm another film following 2009′s (500) Days of Summer. After The Amazing Spider-Man in 2012, Webb’s negotiations briefly stalled with Sony as he was caught in a tug-of-war with Fox. Eventually, Fox agreed to allow Webb to direct Sony’s sequel, but only if Sony would promote its X-Men film for free." So there you go. http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/x-men-days-of-future-past-has-a-clip-after-amazing-spider-man-2/

I read that the other day, and realized the match up was fulfilling a contract obligation. So I didn't bother posting it.

meh. Smacks of desperation. I'm skipping this one..

meh. Smacks of desperation. I'm skipping this one..

That's what I thought too.

But now imagine if some very wise Sony executive goes back to look at the bump they may have received from matching up the trailers, and realizes the market value the two brands could have if in the same film.

scan2_zps61632d03.jpg

Waaay too much teenage angst in 1st one. Sounds like this might be rinse repeat.

Spidey and teenage angst - noooooo. Stan and Steve will surely be spitting feathers.

I think there is a huge difference between the teen angst Lee and Ditko portrayed, and what they've done with the films.

First, Peter had real life problems in the early run. He struggled to make money, take care of Aunt May, and live a dual life. I know not all of it was realistic, but there were things EVERYONE could relate too. I couldn't relate to being a skater punk. You also have to remember that Peter was done with high school within the first 30 issues of ASM.

My second huge gripe was the way Peter treated Aunt May and Uncle Ben. I get that kids don't always get along with their parents/parental figures, but Peter was just disrespectful in the movie. That is a new age thing that has become more acceptable. I'm not all that old, but I would have feared God if I talked to my parents the way Peter in the film treated Uncle Ben.

Just my 2c

Waaay too much teenage angst in 1st one. Sounds like this might be rinse repeat.

Spidey and teenage angst - noooooo. Stan and Steve will surely be spitting feathers.

I just hope Peter Parker is likeable in this one. The character in the first one was an and wasn't anyone I wanted to cheer for.

Exactly. Prefer Tobey Maguire version by a mile. The Amazing Spider-Man take on the character is a guy I can not cheer for.

I think there is a huge difference between the teen angst Lee and Ditko portrayed, and what they've done with the films.

First, Peter had real life problems in the early run. He struggled to make money, take care of Aunt May, and live a dual life. I know not all of it was realistic, but there were things EVERYONE could relate too. I couldn't relate to being a skater punk. You also have to remember that Peter was done with high school within the first 30 issues of ASM.

My second huge gripe was the way Peter treated Aunt May and Uncle Ben. I get that kids don't always get along with their parents/parental figures, but Peter was just disrespectful in the movie. That is a new age thing that has become more acceptable. I'm not all that old, but I would have feared God if I talked to my parents the way Peter in the film treated Uncle Ben.

Just my 2c

My feelings exactly. :golfclap:

I enjoyed it.

I thought the -script had trouble striking the appropriate balance between humor and serious action flick but overall I can not find much to complain about.

I thought some of the key moments from the Spider-Man mythos were well adapted to film and kept the essence of the Conway story line while taking acceptable artistic liberties.

... credits that is.

Anyone catch it?

not really

It was a very haphazard promotion. I found it slightly confusing when watching it, as the clip was not put in context. As it ended it became clearer.

I just hope Peter Parker is likeable in this one. The character in the first one was an and wasn't anyone I wanted to cheer for.

Exactly. Prefer Tobey Maguire version by a mile. The Amazing Spider-Man take on the character is a guy I can not cheer for.

I hated Tobey Maguire, much prefer Garfield.

Did you hate him in the first movie?

I wish they would just release The complete 70's Amazing Spider-Man tv show starring Nicholas Hammond.

That was a terrible TV show.

What's sad is that I liked the portrayal of Spidey on the Electric Company much, much better than the horrible TV show.

I remember watching the Electric Company every day just with the hopes that they would do a Spidey skit, and the feeling of disappointment when they didn't. :cry:

I remember watching the Electric Company every day just with the hopes that they would do a Spidey skit, and the feeling of disappointment when they didn't. :cry:

lol Same with me.

Lar-deSouza-Garfield-Spider-Man.jpg