• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first real score - 4 short box buy

40 posts in this topic

There was one interesting golden age one in there that I could not find in OPG. Was a "code" comic - but looked to be a promotional from a shoe store chain. In great shape and may be the dark horse in the race for best book.

There is a section in the very front of the OS called "Promotionals."

Look at the black tab of the outside edge of every page. It will be there.

Yea - looked through that - I need to nail down the exact title - was so thing like " ck shows presents black tiger" - something like that. Was issue 6 with a comics code stamp - the large one.

I will try and get a scan up later.

There was one interesting golden age one in there that I could not find in OPG. Was a "code" comic - but looked to be a promotional from a shoe store chain. In great shape and may be the dark horse in the race for best book.

There is a section in the very front of the OS called "Promotionals."

Look at the black tab of the outside edge of every page. It will be there.

Yea - looked through that - I need to nail down the exact title - was so thing like " ck shows presents black tiger" - something like that. Was issue 6 with a comics code stamp - the large one.

It's possibly listed under the name of the store or product the promotional is from.

Is there a masthead on the inside front cover or first page? It's usually at the bottom, though lots of promos don't have one.

Looks like slices of my collection. Love it.

It is looking like strange slices from many collections - there is a lot of jumping around and one offs- but the outcome is awesome.

Only thing I see as poor - there is a group of Dennis the menace. Not a lot - but from the 70s with "eh" condition.

I amabout 50% through bagging and boarding - keep finding sole small gems

Kamandi is a lot rougher than it looks - the crease at the bottom is about to come completely off.

Wierd war 1 is is really good shape

AD367398-C56B-4BFC-B446-12651B61A4E2.jpg

there are some nice Bat books in there, 234, 234, 244, 251

Done with bagging - now more sorting - I think I only posted a small section of the batman - a lot of detective.

A batman 102 in there too - but in 1.0 condition (cover is torn all over the place)

With boards - was like 2 small boxes of dc. Close to one of marvel. One of Archie- one of random dell/key/ golds in lower condition and probably 1/3 box of dc that needed golden boards/bags (included some of the larger silver age)

Got a view of the promotional book - pretty sure the standard opg listing is for this book. They do come with different store logos.

1A62E479-201A-4D28-83B0-FB7135455F5C.jpg

Great score!

That promo comic is listed under "BLUE BIRD COMICS". This is a 1959 issue, Black Fury #4. It's in the OPG Promo section.