• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone buy from jscomics?

28 posts in this topic

Anyone deal with these guys before? I just bought a nice Weird Western 13 from them a day or two ago and I am thinking about picking up some more stuff in about a week. Grading looks ok and they have good feedback. Any comments?

Same here...bought a raw Man-Thing 1 and Chamber of Darkness 1 from him, both in NM and both looked pretty good. Thinking of slabbing them and flipping 'em for some slabbed DCs ( gave away my plan! curses! foiled again!)....they look pretty solid to me. thumbsup2.gif

I bought a number of HG books from them (in one lot) by mail order in the '80s and was disappointed with the grading. I ended up sending back about 1/3 of the books. I tried them again on ebay last year and think they've tightened up their grading considerably! thumbsup2.gif

I bought a VF book yars ago from them that came back a 6.5 recently. I thought it was graded pretty fairly at the time, and it just might have been my own wear through the years. insane.gif

Ay'yup, you mightly be right I reckon, if'n 'twas purchased yars ago! stooges.gif

I've actually dealt with J&S comics (jscomics) in person as well. They have good grading (especially among most dealers) and price very fairly. I really like these guys a lot.

i've bought from them a number of times over the past couple of years. i rate them among the best for grading, pricing and turnaround times. thumbsup2.gif

Same here...bought a raw Man-Thing 1 and Chamber of Darkness 1 from him, both in NM and both looked pretty good. Thinking of slabbing them and flipping 'em for some slabbed DCs ( gave away my plan! curses! foiled again!)....they look pretty solid to me. thumbsup2.gif

Hey, I bought a Man-Thing #1 (2nd series) from these guys as well. They described it as a NM+ 9.6. Just received it back from CGC today at 9.4. Close enough.

I've bought several raw comics from them and have been pleased with their grading.

However, my attempts to buy high grade comics from them have been twarted lately by one jgreen7472 . Which was discussed previously in a BA forum thread.

The only comics I've been able to snag lately from jscomics are non-key issues like Rawhide Kid #106. They listed it as a 9.9 Mint copy and it looks like it... could... go... all... the... way!

It is understandable that DiceX would try to steer you away (jokingly). JScomics has become another Showcase New England with many buyers bidding up raw comic prices to almost CGC-graded levels. Christo_pull_hair.gif Consistently honest raw comic sellers seem to be so rare that the one's who do crop up with regular auctions attract devoted buyers. crazy.gif