• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you trade DD#1 for FF#1 ?

37 posts in this topic

Keep the DD 1 and buy the FF 1. :sumo:

This was my first thoughts too, keep what you have and save up for an FF#1

Agreed. That's a beautiful copy and as happy as you'll be with a FF1, in the back of your mind you'll wish you had both...

Save for a FF1 & keep that DD1 7.5!

Keep the DD 1 and buy the FF 1. :sumo:

This was my first thoughts too, keep what you have and save up for an FF#1

I gotta go with my buds on this one ,again. (thumbs u

I concur !!!

My sentiments exactly! Go for both. :) IMO DD1 has been under priced for a wile... It's a good time to buy not sell. ;)

DD 1 is so much more readily available than FF 1.

I'd rather have a FF 1 personally and I do. I think FF still has lots of room to grow but the issue is will Fox maximize this franchise or will they run it into the ground?

If a FF movie ever gets properly made...FF 1 is the book to own.

Just me, but I would think twice about trading an almost high grade key for a low grade key. (And I love the FF) And as others have said, DD has more room to grow.

I certainly consider a 7.5 to be a "high grade".

Example: 0.5-3.5= Low Grade Range

4.0-6.5= Mid Grade Range

7.0-8.5= High Grade Range

9.0-10.0= Mint Grade Range

-J.

DD1 at 7.5 is a very nice book (I have one in that exact grade) , but a FF1 in any grade is a difference maker in any collection.. you're talking a top 3 key of the entire marvel universe , for a solid SA key.

the choice comes down too - Do you only collect "higher grade" books (which would put the FF1 out of your liking) or do you collect keys... hm

2c

I agree with Gambit. With that being said collect what you love...you can never go wrong, I once owned a GA Key (low grade) and never cared for the artwork, protagonist , etc. and it seemed I was forcing myself to talk about the series, the character, and read the stories

Just me, but I would think twice about trading an almost high grade key for a low grade key. (And I love the FF) And as others have said, DD has more room to grow.

I certainly consider a 7.5 to be a "high grade".

Example: 0.5-3.5= Low Grade Range

4.0-6.5= Mid Grade Range

7.0-8.5= High Grade Range

9.0-10.0= Mint Grade Range

-J.

No hard and fast rules on this, I guess, but I think of high grade as starting at 8.0.

Which it certainly is. I just use the other criteria because it gives more of a balance to the CGC tier grading, and I think all of the 9.X-10 grades should have their own tier as "mint grades". "High grades" starting at 7 (which is in reality a pretty decent and pricey grade for most all the silver age keys) allows a better balance of the number of grades amongst the various low-mid-high-mint grade tiers.

-J.

Tough call. Looking at GPA, FF1 at 2.5 has trended about 20% higher than DD1 7.5 over the last 12 months. Assuming they are both decent copies for grade I would take FF1 unless, as others argue, you feel that DD1 demand will strongly outpace FF1.

I think you lose in that trade. As others have stated, DD just has so much more growth potential, even though supplies are probably almost twice as high for DD as FF1, prices are much, much lower. Unless, you just have a hankering to "own" a FF. Keep what you got and save up.

It's such a tough call, I know DD has much more growth potential which is why I hesitate. But a FF is a top 3 silver age grail.

You love Daredevil better than the Fantastic Four: keep the Daredevil.

Inversely, pick up the Fantastic Four.

And deslab it. :)

Me, I keep the DD 1. Solid grade and trending up (price-wise) thus it might be harder to justify paying the replacement cost.

The FF 1: yes, you get a top 5 SA key, but you're staring at a 3.5 and saying, man I wish I saved for a non-chipped mid-grade.

Again, just me.