• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silk - the true Spider-Woman?

60 posts in this topic

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/spider-man-joined-new-superhero-silk-article-1.1770574

Still uncertain how you hide a character for 50+ years without so much as a hint from Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D.

It's not like she was in another realm like Angela (who apparently is Thor and Loki's long lost step sister)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/26/angela-is-the-sister-of-thor-and-loki-c2e2/

Marvel. You should have just killed everybody in Age of Ultron and left it at that. :facepalm:

It is crystal clear that they are creating characters for movies that they don't have the movie rights to.

Inhuman ------------ Lash = Beast

Inhuman --------------Donte =Johny Storm

Silk ----------------------- Spider universe. Same story but marvel owns it.

Next-------? more coming for sure !

It doesn't add up. While the concept is cool and I'd give this Silk character a chance, I need to know where she was the entire time. I'm not buying she didnt know about or use her powers and was just a regular person and NOW she decides to act.

Maybe we jumped the gun and Marvel has some explanation in the pipeline? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they're not THAT stupid that she just shows up, no explanation to where she was. They're not THAT stupid right?.......right?

It doesn't add up. While the concept is cool and I'd give this Silk character a chance, I need to know where she was the entire time. I'm not buying she didnt know about or use her powers and was just a regular person and NOW she decides to act.

Maybe we jumped the gun and Marvel has some explanation in the pipeline? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they're not THAT stupid that she just shows up, no explanation to where she was. They're not THAT stupid right?.......right?

If they were bitten by the same spider will they have the same powers?

Maybe there are thousands of unknown people hidden in plain site that got bitten by that same spider.......oh wait they used that idea on the In-humans ... back to the drawing board.

"Silk" could refer to her eggsack. Thousand 'lil Spideys per season...

:eek:

How many years in hiding? :ohnoez:

I'm actually ok with Silk - I mean, it's gotta be a challenge to get Peter Parker stories after all these years. At least it's not the 14th death of Aunt May or whatever. I'll take a new twist on the overall story that involves another character.

Offhand, I hate the idea but I guess they would only have to explain away 15 years (anyone know this true number) of Marvel time not 50 years of real time.

Offhand, I hate the idea but I guess they would only have to explain away 15 years (anyone know this true number) of Marvel time not 50 years of real time.

If it's only been 15 years in the MU. Can you imagine the number of civilians in NYC with PTSD?

That's just not a great place to live.