• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silk - the true Spider-Woman?

60 posts in this topic

So, now they are totally retconning the spider's story. First, it died immediately after biting Peter - those are Marvel's words. Now, it lived long enough to crawl away and then bite one more person.

20 years from now, maybe it will have lived long enough to bite enough people to start an army. Why not, right?

:facepalm:

-slym

Just before the radioactive spider dies, it made a deal with Mephisto to live just one more day . . .

I trust Dan Slott with this but maybe Marvel can then try it with all of their other original SA characters.

That radioactive waste didn't just blind MM. The gamma bomb extend beyond where it hit BB, etc, etc.

i just find it to be like they are running out of ideas and put their was another person the spider bit but no one knew about it, and for Angela they could have done something amazing by creating a new species but instead said F what happen and was said during the trail of Jean Grey about Angela.

If so this will go into my top 3 biggest blunders in Spidey history.

1) Gwen Stacy had kids with Osborn

2) Peter and MJ were never really married

3) The spider was not really dead

sigh.... :facepalm:

If so this will go into my top 3 biggest blunders in Spidey history.

1) Gwen Stacy had kids with Osborn

2) Peter and MJ were never really married

3) The spider was not really dead

sigh.... :facepalm:

To be fair a lot people thought the same about the Doc Ock swap before it was published and the Superior Spidey title has mostly been excellent - the writing anyway.

I think this was all just a ploy by CGC. Just think of all the AF 15 books that will have to come in for reholders to be listed as the first appearance of Spider-man AND Silk! :roflmao:

Just a cameo appearance though :sumo:

that can be a whole other resub after it is decided she actually first appeared in Fantastic Four #1 walking on a sidewalk.

I like to hope that this will be NOT be a MAJOR doh! but I am not holding my breath...

Why do they have to muck with a perfectly fine origin???

As for including Silk on the AF #15 label... lol I hope not...But I guess they could, I mean Misty Knight's actual first appearance is Marvel Premiere #20 (first mention by name) and #21 (first full appearance) but they ret-conned it to Marvel Team-Up #1, so now the label for Marvel Team Up #1 says "woman Spider-Man saves woman who is eventually revealed as Misty Knight"

Now on AF #15 we might(?) have "woman wearing hat eventually revealed as Silk" :ohnoez:

I have to admit, I was one of those who was absolutely furious when Doc Oc took over Peter's body and became the Superior Spider-Man. I absolutely refused to even look at the title from that point forward.

It was only two days ago I started reading issue #1 onward. Little bit because the series ended (so no waiting for "what happens next") and a little bit because of "vol 3" ASM.

Hate hate hate to admit it, but I frikkin love it so far.

So now I'm going to keep my mouth shut and give this run a chance. Give Silk.

Am quite curious to see how it plays out.

Can see why people may be upset or even angry over this though. On the other hand, it's by far not the worse thing to happen in the Marvel Universe or even Peter's neck of the woods. I'd definitely take this over Gwen-Goblin and Brand New Day...

Oh . That was Quesada's mucking about also, wasn't it? WHY IS HE STILL CHIEF?! -,-