• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spiderman #1 Variant Covers (how many)

182 posts in this topic

Including the Gamestop's and one or two others I think there are actually 46 variants.

Don't forget that in addition to the store variants, retailers will be ordering high on the regulars as well in order to get as many Alex Ross etc variants as possible. It will be possible to pick the reg cover up for way below cover as a result. In fact we are doing a FCBD event at our local multiplex where we will be giving away several hundred copies free to people booking tickets for the Spidey movie.

Retailers will need to be creative to move their overstock of this book. Having said that, if as a retailer, you are looking for a book to use as a promo item or loss leader this is the perfect book as it is a jumping on point for a major character with a current movie out. It could bring a lot of new customers in if used correctly.

This is where I cut the cord... I use to be an ASM completionist. I'd get every variant cover to every book... 45 variants and counting is just too much. (shrug) This upcoming Vol.3 I'll be buying the regular cover and that's it.

gamestop's greg horn variant already sold out. just as i got enough points.

Damn that sucks bro. Now you won't be able to sell the raw copy of it, get paid for it. "Accidentally" sent it to get it slab and then put that same book on eBay and shill it up.

doh!

already got a copy, but great joke. A+ material there buddy.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=281321953046&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Not a shill in sight.

:popcorn:

Strange Adventures from Nova Scotia by Nick Bradshaw. Actually one of the nicer ones, and you can't even order it online.

Luckily, that's my shop. I do love shop exclusive variants (though I only bother with local ones).

I'll definitely be picking this one up.

Damn that sucks bro. Now you won't be able to sell the raw copy of it, get paid for it. "Accidentally" sent it to get it slab and then put that same book on eBay and shill it up.

doh!

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=281321953046&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Not a shill in sight.

lol

doh!

Not a shill in sight.

Tell us about shills again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-1-Alex-Ross-1-300-Sketch-Variant-/281320155410?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417ffce912

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=281320155410&aid=a***i&eu=&bidtid=1198675402018&view=NONE&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_None_ViewLink

I didn't think it was possible to have a worse cover then the regular cover but i was wrong! Check out the New berry Comics cover.

_12_zpsce953f64.jpg

It has a early 90's feel to it and I mean that in the worst way possible.

I don't know why, but I am strangely attracted to this cover. Glad to see it is unliked, hopefully be able to get one cheap.

I was at a local store today and saw which covers she had available and asked if she had gotten others and she had 4 others that had already sold, some 1:75 and 1:50 but what was crazy is that she had gotten one variant cover and was accidentially sent the mile high cover instead. She was told the correct one would be coming to her next week.

Does that type of thing happen often when getting lots of variants for a particular book?

The Midtown Comics Campbell Variants all had bindery tears, so not too many 9.8's

The reason the book is $5.99 is because they've added a whole issue of one of their MARVEL NOW books. So much for 2-4 page previews comics. They give you two comics for $5.99 (Never mind the fact that you may or may not have had any interest in that bonus issue). I hate that they did that because the book is bulky and can be damaged more easiily.

The issue with the Midtown Variants by J. Scott Campbell is that there's mishandling of the books by the staff coupled with Marvel's use of cheap paper as well as stuffing another whole issue under extremely flimsy covers. When ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN first came out, the cover was a card stock that was nice & thick. It could take punishment. These recent covers are weak. Spine damage and flaying at the corners occur more easily and make 9.8s an impossibility.

I didn't think it was possible to have a worse cover then the regular cover but i was wrong! Check out the New berry Comics cover.

_12_zpsce953f64.jpg

I don't know why, but I am strangely attracted to this cover. Glad to see it is unliked, hopefully be able to get one cheap.

It looks like a cover for those cheap coloring books you get at the 99 Cents Store. HA!

_12_zpsce953f64.jpg

It looks like a cover for those cheap coloring books you get at the 99 Cents Store. HA!

:roflmao:

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier. Coloring book for sure. (thumbs u