• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adam West/Burt Ward/Julie Newmar

57 posts in this topic

They will be at the upcoming Phoenix CC, just wanted to know if someone can share what they charge/if they charge for sigs?

The site doesn't have that info. I'm also familiar that Adam West wants to personalize the sigs as he doesnt want them to be sold on eBay, that still the case? Doesn't matter as I'm fine with my name on it, I'm not getting it to flip.

Anything else to consider regarding these 3?

Thanks in advance!!

They will be at the upcoming Phoenix CC, just wanted to know if someone can share what they charge/if they charge for sigs?

The site doesn't have that info. I'm also familiar that Adam West wants to personalize the sigs as he doesnt want them to be sold on eBay, that still the case? Doesn't matter as I'm fine with my name on it, I'm not getting it to flip.

Thanks in advance!!

West and Newmar is around 40 and Ward is around 25. Yes Adam West personalizes everything.

Is Adam West someone who you could give more money to, to not personalize? I'm not looking to sell... but, if something does come along... Everything is always for sale for the right price.

Triston Pence is the only person I know of that has gotten him to not personalize. And I heard he had to do the dance of the seven veils in West's suite after the con. :gossip:

Is Adam West someone who you could give more money to, to not personalize? I'm not looking to sell... but, if something does come along... Everything is always for sale for the right price.

Triston Pence is the only person I know of that has gotten him to not personalize. And I heard he had to do the dance of the seven veils in West's suite after the con. :gossip:

I will be at the Phoenix Comic Con and yes, I will be wearing my dancing shoes. I can't make any promises though. :banana:

Thanks in advance!!

West and Newmar is around 40 and Ward is around 25. Yes Adam West personalizes everything.

Those prices are oudated :sorry:

Last year it was $60 or $65 for Adam West---I forget which---probably $60

Burt Ward was $50, Julie Newmar was $40

Thanks in advance!!

How recent are these prices? I could have sworn West raised his price a couple years back.

How recent are these prices? I could have sworn West raised his price a couple years back.

I might be wrong, but I thought he was charging $90.00 last year at Wizard Chicago. (shrug)

Last I heard, West is charging $50-60 for his sig. Ward and Newmar should be around $30-40 each.

It is nearly impossible to get Mr. West to sign his name without personalization. It can be done, but you have to catch him in the right mood, at the right place, at the right time. You likely will not be successful at his table. I'm going to try to get a book or two without personalization, but there are no guarantees that I will be able to pull it off again.

TP

adamwest1_zpsa21eba7b.gif

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually think it's kind of cool he personalizes. I had know idea. I always assumed it was the other way around - you'd have to beg and plead to get more than a flat signature.

Granted, I'm not really interested in having him SS any comic books. With a couple of exceptions, I'm generally not inclined to have T.V./movie celebrities signing comics they really had nothing to do with.

And I haven't been too crazy about paying the certification fees to have a photograph SS authenticated since I'm not really an autographed photo collector as a rule.

But now that I know he would personalize it? Yeah, actually I think I might send a photo - without any certification - to have signed in June.

I got Batman '66 autographed by Adam West and Burt Ward at Wizard World Portland this past January.

Mr. West charged $80, and Mr. Ward was $50 or $60. My CGC witness informed that Mr. West personalizes, which wasn't a big deal because it was something sentimental for me.

And lo and behold, Mr. West's handler took my money, asked my name, then repeated it to Mr. West who signed it with a bit of hesitation as my name is Ji.

I've seen the same comic go on sale without personalization for hundreds.

On another note, Billy Dee Williams charges extra to personalize. Makes you wonder.

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually think it's kind of cool he personalizes.

Personalization can be cool.

This book can get handed right down to my son who shares my name....

Batman200cgc176_zpsb4543e7a.jpg

Mr. West charged $80, and Mr. Ward was $50 or $60.

These fees match my notes from WW St. Louis.

Any facilitators for this Con?

I'll be there with a witness. I'm pretty sure a few others will be there as well. PM me if you have any questions.

rantrant alert

Just saw that West is charging $85 for a sig. This dude's got some nerve, kinda pissed me off. Your charging $85 freaking dollars, you better NOT personalize it if I dont want you too. This really upset me, won't sign without your name. I'd almost pay the $85 to give him a peice of my mind.

Definitely won't lose any sleep over not having his sig......jerk.

I thought Stan Lee charged a lot, it looks like West is the most expensive sig at Phoenix. I don't even think Shatner or Nemoy charge that much. It also looks like Wards sig has stayed the same, but Newmars sig has gone up. I agree for that price West shouldn't personalize it.