• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manipulation Record Expungement?

196 posts in this topic

Coincidence or is there a reason why it isn't available.

I've emailed paul for a reason on the manufactured gold threads.

He emailed me back and was not aware they were not available and will look into it.

If it was my birthday thread then yes it should still be available since clearly I am capable of getting some answers around here.

Mark Zaid respond yet?

Mark "Halley's Comet" Zaid? Has it been 75 years already since his last appearance?

Coincidence or is there a reason why it isn't available.

I've emailed paul for a reason on the manufactured gold threads.

He emailed me back and was not aware they were not available and will look into it.

If it was my birthday thread then yes it should still be available since clearly I am capable of getting some answers around here.

Mark Zaid respond yet?

Mark "Halley's Comet" Zaid? Has it been 75 years already since his last appearance?

He's busy [insert action verb] [insert patriotic noun] in [insert foreign country] while trying to balance his consulting responsibilites to the CGC.

I really, really, really doubt any threads are ever removed from the boards because of what someone says about CGC. That's conspiracy-speak. Threads would get pulled after one or two pages, not fifty or sixty as is often the case.

What we have seen time and time again is that threads get pulled if the people posting in them either can't keep the pejoratives to a minimum, or if it just totally spirals out of control and removing it might bring about a "peace" of sorts.

Some threads need a cooling off period but a lot of the time they can delve into continual arguments which are never resolved to anyone's satisfaction, which then leads to "feuds" and whatever else is going on around here

I really, really, really doubt any threads are ever removed from the boards because of what someone says about CGC. That's conspiracy-speak. Threads would get pulled after one or two pages, not fifty or sixty as is often the case.

What we have seen time and time again is that threads get pulled if the people posting in them either can't keep the pejoratives to a minimum, or if it just totally spirals out of control and removing it might bring about a "peace" of sorts.

Some threads need a cooling off period but a lot of the time they can delve into continual arguments which are never resolved to anyone's satisfaction, which then leads to "feuds" and whatever else is going on around here

Says you!

Says you!

QED!

...which then leads to "feuds" and whatever else is going on around here

Apologizing... lots and lots of apologizing.

hm

Well, that's new I guess

Says you!

QED!

:grin:

The feuds around this place are poison and destructive and the main reason threads disappear, the main reason people are suspended and the main reason people are banned.

The other instances of suspension (of both threads and people) are either coincidence or mistakes or misunderstandings.

The feuds around this place are poison and destructive and the main reason threads disappear, the main reason people are suspended and the main reason people are banned.

Regardless of who is at fault, who we may think is at fault, who is absolutely at fault, who doesn't know their arse from a hole in the ground, it would be tremendously beneficial if everyone here, all of us, would forgive and exercise tolerance, patience and forebearance.

All of us. Me, you, the guy who just joined last week.

I know I could use much of this, and I most certainly need to give much of it as well.

Wow. I answered the OP's question as I thought this was just about someone not knowing about some locked threads. I didn't know this was going to turn into something else...

:popcorn:

-slym

So what is "common about threads that disappear".

The threads in question where deleted by mistake.

Sadly, it's not unusual for CGC to delete threads that may show CGC is a negative light.

There was once a great Classic CGC Threads which listed Classic threads from this Board.

If you look through the linked thread, most of the controversial threads have disappeared.

I couldn't help noticing the Manufactured Gold! link in your sig also gets an 'Access denied'.

Since it's considered one of the most educational threads in the history of the Board it's bound to be just an anomaly or some oversight. Should be back up soon.

In the meantime, until they can get whatever's going on fixed, there are two large PDFs of the thread available online, for those with Adobe Reader.

Manufactured Gold 1.pdf

Manufactured Gold 2.pdf

Probably won't be needed for long, if at all. It'll be back up in no time.

But you can no doubt find a 200-response "Happy Birthday" thread from 2004 if you care to search.

Oh well, I guess it must just be a coincidence.

Bob is this thread's hero, without question.

'Manufactured Gold' is almost back up, soon as they get the Lock taken care of.

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Regardless of who is at fault, who we may think is at fault, who is absolutely at fault, who doesn't know their arse from a hole in the ground, it would be tremendously beneficial if everyone here, all of us, would forgive and exercise tolerance, patience and forebearance.

All of us. Me, you, the guy who just joined last week.

I know I could use much of this, and I most certainly need to give much of it as well.

I agree with you. I recognize the damage it does but I'm not only getting tired of being on the receiving end of it, I'm tired of dishing it out whenever I feel I've been slighted.

Many of the feuds are many years old (some on these forums literally going back a decade) and have built up and pent up over time but they are also often based on who people were at the time (or who they were perceived to be at the time) or some incident that happened in the past that doesn't even apply to anything relevant today.

People grow and change and I'm not the same person I was 6 months ago, let alone 6 years ago. I'm sure others can say the same.

I don't know if CGC pulled the threads or not, but I don't really agree with you. It's not tinfoil hat territory to think that a company would pull certain unfavorable information off of its own website after a certain amount of time has lapsed. Stifling emerging conversation is also not good for business, so the idea that they would have pulled threads immediately that they didn't like doesn't jive either.

Again, I don't know what happened, and am not making any accusations, but CGC pulling the threads is not as unreasonable a conclusion as you make it out to be.

Looking for several recent threads detailing new manipulation practices released upon the hobby.

Does anyone know what happened to these threads...I can't seem to find them?

Cole Schave collection: face jobs?

Comic Book Spine Realignment Therapy, turn your 8.5's into 9.2's!

Insane press and flip Avengers 1

hm

I can view all three when clicking on them and navigate through them to see all the posts.

Try cleaning out your cookies.

edit-

err never-mind just read what plitch wrote... :flamed:

Looking for several recent threads detailing new manipulation practices released upon the hobby.

hm

I can view all three when clicking on them and navigate through them to see all the posts.

:roflmao:

hm

xrte.jpg

-slym