• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manipulation Record Expungement?

196 posts in this topic

Many, if not all pages of those threads are accessible

If you're thinking Google's cache feature, you'd be lucky to get one page from each of those threads. If you're thinking something entirely different, post it. The search feature never really worked, and now it's completely useless.

Google search the thread title plus the word "page x" with "X" being the page you wish to view is one way. There are others.

Anyway... for everyone there is eventually a last straw,so dramatic or otherwise, this is one businessman that bids these boards a final adieu.

I hope you don't leave. I enjoy your posts very much. :wishluck:

Seconded.

And it appears that the 'CGC Comments Regarding the JIM 83' thread is now locked? (shrug)

And there doesn't appear to be any of the usual attempts to derail and get it locked?

Strange. hm

Just checked and it's unlocked now.

And it appears that the 'CGC Comments Regarding the JIM 83' thread is now locked? (shrug)

And there doesn't appear to be any of the usual attempts to derail and get it locked?

Strange. hm

The thread you mentioned still appears open and accessible, but the I've lost all confidence in CGC thread is now locked.

Strange. hm

The thread you mentioned still appears open and accessible, but the I've lost all confidence in CGC thread is now locked.

What the heck is going on around here!?!? :frustrated:

Anyway... for everyone there is eventually a last straw,so dramatic or otherwise, this is one businessman that bids these boards a final adieu.

I hope you don't leave. I enjoy your posts very much. :wishluck:

Seconded.

Thirded.

I haven't noticed any 'usual attempts' to derail or get a thread locked in a long time.

'Team derail' was a relatively short lived phenomenon on these boards but I know it lives on in the hearts and minds of many! lol

I'm not calling you names. I stating that you apologize for CGC at almost every turn. I've seen you defend them in almost every thread that pops up with anything negative about them.

I think you see CGC through rose colored glasses and just have too much invested in their service, pressing, and selling slabs.

I also don't agree the threads should have been taken down and now put back up only because someone noticed it.

What if nobody had called it out? Those threads would still be gone.

I believe CGC has the knowledge about grading and like all humans, fluctuate in quality and service. However, there are plenty of collectors and dealers out there that can rival CGC's grading and resto check.

I didn't apologize for anyone. I simply stated that throwing out the good with the bad, or baby and bathwater would be of less benefit in my opinion.

For whatever reason, you took that as an opportunity to talk about me rather than what I said.

All the rest of the stuff you are typing is irrelevant.

(thumbs u

I haven't noticed any 'usual attempts' to derail or get a thread locked in a long time.

'Team derail' was a relatively short lived phenomenon on these boards but I know it lives on in the hearts and minds of many! lol

So - just because you didn't notice something it obviously didn't happen? lollol

Mine is black and white.

Oh, I know it is. But in my opinion, not everything (including passing judgement without a hearing) is.

I am not really sure why threads have to go "viral" when a simple call or email could have calmed everybody down. The "CGC sucks" or "they are attempting to hide the truth" posts make more sense if CGC had really come out and stated that they deleted these threads. And I would have agreed with some posters that CGC is not making a very smart choice.

But typical with many threads it is shoot first, put another bullet in the head just to make sure and ask questions later.

This would be one of those times.

^^

Thanks again, you ray of sunshine! :grin:

So - just because you didn't notice something it obviously didn't happen? lollol

lollol Yeah, "short lived"... for about a decade.

I guess he wasn't posting on the boards yesterday.

Oh wait lollol

Oh, believe me my shadow, I was there for nearly every one of those conversations. :cool:

I'm saying, when the concept started to be named as such about 7 or 8 years ago it did happen (and it actually happened by some people that you would be surprised to find out were on 'team derail') but I don't think the concept of 'team derail' has been used for a few years now to my knowledge although people have tried to name some tangent discussions as 'team derail'.

But go ahead and try to make a catechism out of everything I say so that down the road you can catch me contradicting myself.

And go ahead and argue with me about something insignificant and irrelevant.

Oh, believe me my shadow, I was there for nearly every one of those conversations. :cool:

I'm saying, when the concept started to be named as such about 7 or 8 years ago it did happen (and it actually happened by some people that you would be surprised to find out were on 'team derail') but I don't think the concept of 'team derail' has been used for a few years now to my knowledge although people have tried to name some tangent discussions as 'team derail'.

But go ahead and try to make a catechism out of everything I say so that down the road you can catch me contradicting myself.

And go ahead and argue with me about something insignificant and irrelevant.

doh!

I guess he wasn't posting on the boards yesterday.

Oh wait lollol

Out of curiosity, I just did a search.

The term hasn't been used pre 2008 acc. to the search function so it only is on record as being used for the past 6 years. 5.5 years actually because it was used at the end of 2008.

I'm willing to agree that it could have been used in a 'poofed' thread, and even willing to go back to Ewert in 2006. That makes it a stretch at giving you an 8 year span (but more likely 6 - 7 years max) so just the fact that Dav is willing to exaggerate it out to a decade should be all you need to know.

Or maybe it was used 20 years ago.

Strange. hm

...... aaaaannd it's unlocked again. :ohnoez: