• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manipulation Record Expungement?

196 posts in this topic

And there doesn't appear to be any of the usual attempts to derail and get it locked?

I haven't noticed any 'usual attempts' to derail or get a thread locked in a long time.

'Team derail' was a relatively short lived phenomenon on these boards but I know it lives on in the hearts and minds of many! lol

So - just because you didn't notice something it obviously didn't happen? lollol

lollol Yeah, "short lived"... for about a decade.

I guess he wasn't posting on the boards yesterday.

Oh wait lollol

Out of curiosity, I just did a search.

The term hasn't been used pre 2008 acc. to the search function so it only is on record as being used for the past 6 years. 5.5 years actually because it was used at the end of 2008.

I'm willing to agree that it could have been used in a 'poofed' thread, and even willing to go back to Ewert in 2006. That makes it a stretch at giving you an 8 year span (but more likely 6 - 7 years max) so just the fact that Dav is willing to exaggerate it out to a decade should be all you need to know.

Or maybe it was used 20 years ago.

Or maybe it was simply a 'relatively short lived phenomenon'.

Defined by your own investigations as more than half the life of this board.

And there doesn't appear to be any of the usual attempts to derail and get it locked?

I haven't noticed any 'usual attempts' to derail or get a thread locked in a long time.

'Team derail' was a relatively short lived phenomenon on these boards but I know it lives on in the hearts and minds of many! lol

So - just because you didn't notice something it obviously didn't happen? lollol

lollol Yeah, "short lived"... for about a decade.

I guess he wasn't posting on the boards yesterday.

Oh wait lollol

Out of curiosity, I just did a search.

The term hasn't been used pre 2008 acc. to the search function so it only is on record as being used for the past 6 years. 5.5 years actually because it was used at the end of 2008.

I'm willing to agree that it could have been used in a 'poofed' thread, and even willing to go back to Ewert in 2006. That makes it a stretch at giving you an 8 year span (but more likely 6 - 7 years max) so just the fact that Dav is willing to exaggerate it out to a decade should be all you need to know.

Or maybe it was used 20 years ago.

Or maybe it had been happening for so long and been so consistent it finally deserved an 'official' name. :makepoint:

Team Derail®

Or maybe it was simply a 'relatively short lived phenomenon'.

Defined by your own investigations as more than half the life of this board.

What's your point?

I just showed that the term hadn't been used until 2008 (6 years ago) after Dav said it's been in use since 2004. But I'm accused of rewriting history.

Hmmm.

Or maybe it had been happening for so long and been so consistent it finally deserved an official name. :makepoint:

Of course. Necessity is the mother of invention but that still doesn't change the fact that the term wasn't used till 2008 (or thereabouts) and not a decade ago.

You are amazing. Nobody disagreed with anyone on the missing thread and yet you still find a reason to argue and bicker with people that agree with you.

If there is a team derail, it's born out of emotion and not logic and today you in particular are definitely team derail, albeit a bizarro version.

And a hex on anyone that doesn't immediately fall into line and agree with everything everyone says across the board.

You were the only one wanting to talk about 'Team Derail' as an official, named, active body.

Here's what I actually said...

And it appears that the 'CGC Comments Regarding the JIM 83' thread is now locked? (shrug)

Strange. hm

Yet, you wanted to limit these activities to the work done by an officially named cabal, during a limited time span?

Rather than a frequently witnessed event that has been happening since I registered here in 2003?

Why is that, Roy? (shrug)

When to your recollection was the last 'team derail' phenomenon that happened (whether the term was used or not)?

The only derails I see nowadays are when people can't follow a line of thought that a previous poster is following and start with personal attacks or emotional aruegments.

Until then everything is fine.

The people who make the decisions regarding what stays posted are *NOT* the people at CGC/NGC, etc. The moderation and administration of these boards, unless I'm completely wrong, are handled by a company that is contracted by the Certified Collectibles Group, the company that owns NGC, CGC, etc. As such, they (CGC) are often unaware of the day-to-day goings on of the board in general. It is these people who make the (often completely arbitrary) decisions regarding what stays and what goes.

I believe some people think that someone down the hall from the graders is controlling the boards. This is not so, and is worth mentioning.

Looking for several recent threads detailing new manipulation practices released upon the hobby.

Does anyone know what happened to these threads...I can't seem to find them?

Cole Schave collection: face jobs?

Comic Book Spine Realignment Therapy, turn your 8.5's into 9.2's!

Insane press and flip Avengers 1

hm

I couldn't help noticing the Manufactured Gold! link in your sig also gets an 'Access denied'.

Since it's considered one of the most educational threads in the history of the Board it's bound to be just an anomaly or some oversight. Should be back up soon.

In the meantime, until they can get whatever's going on fixed, there are two large PDFs of the thread available online, for those with Adobe Reader.

Manufactured Gold 1.pdf

Manufactured Gold 2.pdf

Probably won't be needed for long, if at all. It'll be back up in no time.

And it appears that the 'CGC Comments Regarding the JIM 83' thread is now locked? (shrug)

Strange. hm

The thread you mentioned still appears open and accessible, but the I've lost all confidence in CGC thread is now locked.

...... aaaaannd it's unlocked again. :ohnoez:

Yay, confidence restored! :acclaim:

I have a lot invested in their grading and service.

Someone did notice the threads were missing and automatically is was assumed CGC was hiding the truth. Not exactly true but that's the majority of the posts.

What if nobody called it out? I doubt it.

Everybody does know that all these threads take up space on servers, eventually things have to get archived if the DBA is doing his job correctly. Sometimes things get deleted by mistake. But hey, don't let me get "black/white" in here.

Come on, Bob.

Virtually every thread that has ever existed here is still available. There are certainly threads that are longer and/or older than the threads in question here that are still accessible.

While it's possible that a thread may get moved (there is no deletion) to the moderation area by mistake, there is clearly something in common with most threads that "disappear" and certainly the ones this thread is about.

I have a lot invested in their grading and service.

Someone did notice the threads were missing and automatically is was assumed CGC was hiding the truth. Not exactly true but that's the majority of the posts.

What if nobody called it out? I doubt it.

Everybody does know that all these threads take up space on servers, eventually things have to get archived if the DBA is doing his job correctly. Sometimes things get deleted by mistake. But hey, don't let me get "black/white" in here.

Geez, Bob, between you and Roy being "reasonable", these boards are hardly worth reading anymore. Forget the "peace and Love"; let's get the pitchforks and the tar and feathers! :sumo: I love some of the wackadoo conspiracy theories expressed on these boards. They are highly entertaining.

Just to be clear, because SOME of you having reading comprehension problems, I'm siding with Roy and Bob on this. :foryou:

P.S. Can someone please call me a moderator again? :whee:

Looking for several recent threads detailing new manipulation practices released upon the hobby.

Does anyone know what happened to these threads...I can't seem to find them?

Cole Schave collection: face jobs?

Comic Book Spine Realignment Therapy, turn your 8.5's into 9.2's!

Insane press and flip Avengers 1

hm

I couldn't help noticing the Manufactured Gold! link in your sig also gets an 'Access denied'.

Since it's considered one of the most educational threads in the history of the Board it's bound to be just an anomaly or some oversight. Should be back up soon.

In the meantime, until they can get whatever's going on fixed, there are two large PDFs of the thread available online, for those with Adobe Reader.

Manufactured Gold 1.pdf

Manufactured Gold 2.pdf

Well good for you, Dav! Still fighting the good ol' fight (lol)

So what is "common about threads that disappear".

The threads in question where deleted by mistake.

Sadly, it's not unusual for CGC to delete threads that may show CGC is a negative light.

There was once a great Classic CGC Threads which listed Classic threads from this Board.

If you look through the linked thread, most of the controversial threads have disappeared.

Manufactured Gold 1.pdf

Manufactured Gold 2.pdf

But you can no doubt find a 200-response "Happy Birthday" thread from 2004 if you care to search.

Oh well, I guess it must just be a coincidence.

So what is "common about threads that disappear".

The threads in question where deleted by mistake.

Well...they weren't deleted by *mistake*...they were deleted by people who don't work at CGC, and thought they put CGC in a bad light. They're not paid to use discernment (and as a result, don't.)

Coincidence or is there a reason why it isn't available.

I've emailed paul for a reason on the manufactured gold threads.

He emailed me back and was not aware they were not available and will look into it.

If it was my birthday thread then yes it should still be available since clearly I am capable of getting some answers around here.

Mark Zaid respond yet?