• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cole Schave collection: face jobs?

4,963 posts in this topic

It's a Costanza, but compared to some of the others and the new-to-market Hulk #1 it's not so bad.

The Showcase was graded 8/13/2013 . Any thought to it simply being a 'bad batch' type of mistake is has now been disproven. Obviously the creator of these mutations did not view it as a mistake and kept on churning them out, even for clients other than Schmell. This is terrible.

How many days could this have spanned? We have grading dates of the 10th and 13th, so at least 3 days of grading them, at least 2 weeks before this thread brought books to light.

We also now have DC Costanzas, so we can no longer blame it on poor stock used on Marvels.

Good point. Now CGC will have to stick to the other excuse, that this happens to all books eventually anyway.

Or claim it happens "naturally" (which it doesn't :gossip:) and they are just speeding up the natural process.

That one doesn't look bad.

***EDIT*** To expand my point - the bottom edge is even, where the Costanza'd/Shyamalan'd books have the bottom of the inside pages showing a bit, there is a greater difference between the top-edge and bottom-edge pokethrough, and the URHC is usually at the point of being "overhung" where that one is just barely pushed up. If I didn't see the 1197- number, I wouldn't think anything about this particular book.

-slym

That one doesn't look bad.

***EDIT*** To expand my point - the bottom edge is even, where the Costanza'd/Shyamalan'd books have the bottom of the inside pages showing a bit, there is a greater difference between the top-edge and bottom-edge pokethrough, and the URHC is usually at the point of being "overhung" where that one is just barely pushed up. If I didn't see the 1197- number, I wouldn't think anything about this particular book.

-slym

It is definitely shrunken to a lesser extent than others, but it is still a Costanza.

when was this one certified?

RADE64622013915_16463.jpg

RAD2AC322013915_16463.jpg

Graded 08/06/2013. I Agree, it's not quite as bad, perhaps the mystery presser was experimenting in stages.

A week earlier than the Showcase, so this could be an early attempt at a super press.

I'm so close to leaving the graded part of this hobby. This thread is really getting me frustrated.

you don't grade your raw ones?

I usually just buy cgc graded books. I actually purchased my first couple batches of raw books in vg-fn+ range and I enjoy them.

FYI, I had somebody contact me that recently submitted books to CCS, not yet graded = he doesn't know what they look like. He is paranoid that he is going to get a Shave. I'm sure others are thinking the same. Perhaps our thread is making a difference. It's funny but if CCS simply came out and made a strong statement, assuring the community this will stop, I think all will be well again.

FYI, I had somebody contact me that recently submitted books to CCS, not yet graded = he doesn't know what they look like. He is paranoid that he is going to get a Shave. I'm sure others are thinking the same. Perhaps our thread is making a difference. It's funny but if CCS simply came out and made a strong statement, assuring the community this will stop, I think all will be well again.

With over 150,000 views, I am sure it's making a difference. At the very least, more people are aware.

CCS said they are doing what they can to make sure they never put out a book like this. Carefully worded so that they are still not saying whether they were responsible in the first place.

:shrug:

-slym

If CCS didn't press these books, they would be screaming it from the rooftops.

CCS said they are doing what they can to make sure they never put out a book like this. Carefully worded so that they are still not saying whether they were responsible in the first place.

:shrug:

-slym

If CCS didn't press these books, they would be screaming it from the rooftops.

Whoever pressed them achieved the objective of getting the books graded higher, no?

You'd think they'd be here claiming the credit.