• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grader Notes

1,754 posts in this topic

I want a kickback on the notes fees generated by any books I have submitted in the past or the future. If my books are cause for note creation I should be entitled to a piece of the revenue from those notes.

Increased submission fees coupled w/ decreased realized prices led me to forgo submitting my measly annual 100 book submission. $5 for a scan, whatever they're charging for graders notes are two outrageous fees i'll never pay. love the boards tho.

Duly noted. Effective immediately, all board members must either be a Premium Member of the Collectors Society or provide billing information. Posts will be free for Premium Members and $0.12/post for non-members.

lol

I want a kickback on the notes fees generated by any books I have submitted in the past or the future. If my books are cause for note creation I should be entitled to a piece of the revenue from those notes.
Now you're just being silly.

Make things easier for your customers and they will come back for more!

The problem is nobody is going anywhere. They are the only (legitimate) game in town.

Exactly. The only thing the slow down has done for me, is get me to pay the fast track upcharge on anything that is not going to be locked up in my long term collection. More bread for CGC. (shrug)

I'm seriously wondering if paying the extra for FT on a large (several hundred) VT submission would be worth it if I can get it back in 4-6 weeks, as opposed to the likely 5 month wait if I don't.

Multiple that decision by just a couple of dozen folks, and not only do you have a huge uptick in revenue if you're CGC, but all those poor suckers waiting on regular VTs might now be waiting 6-7 months as CGC scrambles to keep up with the Fast Tracks.

From the vantage point of someone who worships at the alter of Capitalism, its pure genius. Monopoly at its unadulterated finest.

Pay those FT fees boys, otherwise its a long and sorry wait that ain't gonna get any better.

This is such a tiny market, that it's actually conceivable that customers can work together and, speaking with their wallets, get CGC to really address their turnaround times, something that would, in the long run, get everyone their books quicker, and for less.

What you've outlined is the complete opposite of that.

Yeah but if the bulk of their business is adjusting and moving to Fast Track and still making money, what change is a group of people that may only amount to a small percentage of their business going to affect?

That's my point. The sum total of their business is a small market. We're not talking about boycotting the iPhone here.

Bit of a prisoner's dilemma though. While submitters as a group might be motivated to organize some sort of protest, think of the incentive for the individual seller to break ranks and still submit. Not only would the turnaround times drop like a stone during that period, there would be fewer books to contend with on resale. CGC would have to put the screws to the dealer population a LOT harder to get that sort of organized action to happen and stick.

I'm inclined to agree.

A discount should be applied to your membership fees based on the number of notes your books generate. More complicated always means smarter.

A discount should be applied to your membership fees based on the number of notes your books generate. More complicated always means smarter.

:roflmao: Uh, no. However, we have decided that, effectively immediately, CGC will now reward board member for thoughtful and helpful posts. Any such credit shall be applied as credit against the balance owed for posts as cited above. To date, we have not found any such contributions. But, rest assured, we are ever vigilant in our search.

Sabre rattler, maybe. Impotent? Not yet.

I think you're just mad b/c I've spurned you, to date.

Only using impotent to modify "sabre rattling." I have no comment as to any other claims of potency, but do look upon you with guarded optimism in that regard.

So I've read all the posts and actually had a discussion with CGC this morning and I have to say I am very disappointed with this new policy and will NEVER pay $15 to get graders notes.

I would consider a more reasonable price of $3-$5 per book but $15 is just too much.

Considering they "only" charge $12 for a reholder (that involves real work materials and time from many different people at CGC including responsibility of holding/insuring the book) how can they justify $15 for this service?

There are so many other scenarios that would have worked better and all have been discussed. The best one IMO (and one that I recommended to them a couple years ago) is why not hire one dedicated customer service person at minimum wage (could even be a student) to read out notes to callers. And possibly make that service available only to Premium members (who pay $129/year).

I for one have several pet peeves that I avoid when I am buying comics. I don't buy books with rusty staples, foxing or bad stains and the graders notes were perfect for describing regular defects and pointing out deal breakers.

And living in Toronto and not having access to huge US shows where I can hold the book in my hand and inspect it I buy almost all my books online. So I am relying on scans and photos that don't show the imperfections I am trying to avoid.

All I have to say is this $15 - $30 price is much too high for such a simple service as reading out 1-4 lines describing defects in a comic. I really hope upper management at CGC reads this thread (the serious parts of it that is) and listens to us. I have faith that this change will not be a permenant one. :wishluck:

lol I wish CGC Idea Committee was a real.

CGC Idea Committee convinces me that Transplant does, in fact, have a soul.

Yes, but it's black, cold and smells like anchovies. :eek:

lol I wish CGC Idea Committee was a real.

CGC Idea Committee convinces me that Transplant does, in fact, have a soul.

Yes, but it's black, cold and smells like anchovies. :eek:

No, that was your birthday call girl.