• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grader Notes

1,754 posts in this topic

Okay, I'm all for someone making a buck but this is ridiculous. Besides, didn't they stop doing notes on Value, Econ and Modern a couple of years ago. So now you pay $5 only to find out that they didn't make notes... but you can get the 3 grades. :facepalm:

Giving everyone unlimited access to grader notes for $15 would be the dumbest thing they could ever do.

Some anal mouth breather would be feverishly clicking his mouse with his Cheetos stained fingers, looking up every comic he could find the serial number on, with the intent of finding some glaring inconsistency to make CGC look bad.

It will never happen.

If it does, CGC deserves what they get as a result.

They have to keep the price high enough that someone has to NEED the info before they get it. They can't just open the flood gates. That wouldn't be in their best interests.

About the only things left for CGC to charge for are the Chat Boards and the Registry. Get your wallet ready...

Get ready for $9.99 a month to sell on the boards. hm

Please don't give anyone any more ideas... :sumo:

Giving everyone unlimited access to grader notes for $15 would be the dumbest thing they could ever do.

Some anal mouth breather would be feverishly clicking his mouse with his Cheetos stained fingers, looking up every comic he could find the serial number on, with the intent of finding some glaring inconsistency to make CGC look bad.

Dice; are you channeling your inner JC??? :o

Is CGC trying to get rid of customers and business? hm

By charging for something that costs them time and, therefore, money? They are making it plainly clear that if you want this information, you will have to pay for it.

I think their prices are out of whack but they don't care what I think.

There are only a few options that will make them change their mind. Take your business elsewhere. lol

Start a new grading company and do things differently.

Dice; are you channeling your inner JC??? :o

I miss him. What can I say? :cry:

About the only things left for CGC to charge for are the Chat Boards and the Registry. Get your wallet ready...

Get ready for $9.99 a month to sell on the boards. hm

Please don't give anyone any more ideas... :sumo:

I seriously doubt they do this. They have made it clear they want nothing to do with the sales on this Board. I believe, in theory, this gives them an out in the liability department should something go terribly wrong with something in the sales forum.

If they start charging to sell here, I assume that would imply they have some type of liability to enforce and police the listings etc.

They might impose Caltopia to even post on the Boards. I wonder if even doing that, does it, in a roundabout way, imply some type of liability for sales that happen on this Board?

By charging for something that costs them time and, therefore, money? They are making it plainly clear that if you want this information, you will have to pay for it.

There are only a few options that will make them change their mind. Take your business elsewhere. lol

I can only speak for myself but CGC is not showing me that they put the customer first. Now they are showing a strong lack of regard for their core base of customers.

My comment is not just considering the new graders note fiasco.

Combine the graders notes policy change along with significant delays in turnaround times, increased fees and that's a recipe for customers to not do business with them.

My submissions have been reduced because of the crazy delays and price increases. Couple that with this notes thing and I can see how this will turn off some, if not many, customers.

They are making it harder for dealers to make money as well. Not smart business in my mind. I would guess a significant amount of their business comes from high volume dealers churning out collections and submitting books. They are just making it harder on the end customer when it should be the other way.

Make things easier for your customers and they will come back for more!

15 pages and no one's tried it?

"Thank you! Grader Notes will be emailed within one business day. Please save this email for your records."

I'd think for $15 it would be instant. Can't be too hard to connect their db that houses their notes to the site.

No notes have been sent yet :cry:

I've been hoping they would have done this a long time ago. Graders sitting on the phone all day talking to people wanting grader notes is not helping with the backlog in submission times.

Graders should be grading. The notes should have been given by someone in customer service from day one, but it is what it is.

Now the turnaround times have another chance to improve, and I can save money from using fast track on everything. :applause:

The problem is nobody is going anywhere. They are the only (legitimate) game in town.

Exactly. The only thing the slow down has done for me, is get me to pay the fast track upcharge on anything that is not going to be locked up in my long term collection. More bread for CGC. (shrug)

"Thank you! Grader Notes will be emailed within one business day. Please save this email for your records."

I'd think for $15 it would be instant. Can't be too hard to connect their db that houses their notes to the site.

I wonder if since it's a quoted business day...if it'll actually be three months. hm

I wonder if since it's a quoted business day...if it'll actually be three months. hm

:o

The problem is nobody is going anywhere. They are the only (legitimate) game in town.

Exactly. The only thing the slow down has done for me, is get me to pay the fast track upcharge on anything that is not going to be locked up in my long term collection. More bread for CGC. (shrug)

I've chosen the wrong career path. Clearly, the way to go is servicing addiction.

I can only speak for myself but CGC is not showing me that they put the customer first. Now they are showing a strong lack of regard for their core base of customers.

My comment is not just considering the new graders note fiasco.

Combine the graders notes policy change along with significant delays in turnaround times, increased fees and that's a recipe for customers to not do business with them.

My submissions have been reduced because of the crazy delays and price increases. Couple that with this notes thing and I can see how this will turn off some, if not many, customers.

They are making it harder for dealers to make money as well. Not smart business in my mind. I would guess a significant amount of their business comes from high volume dealers churning out collections and submitting books. They are just making it harder on the end customer when it should be the other way.

The customer will still come back for more as they have nowhere else to go. Comic book collectors for years upon years have proven that if you have what they "need", they will buy it regardless of almost anything.

After 10 years, no one else has stepped up and created competition for CGC. Why is that? Is it possible that grading comic books is not a profitable business?

There are a couple of card grading companies and coin grading companies out there. Why have they not, at the very least, dipped their toes into the water with comic book grading?

I think dealers are adjusting to the turnaround times by using different tiers or just waiting it out.

I think people need to look at comic book grading as 1) a niche business and 2) a niche business that has NO competition.

That completely changes the way the game is played regarding customer retention.

I've chosen the wrong career path. Clearly, the way to go is servicing addiction.

Indeed. You've seen what Jennifer Connely (sp?) did at the end of Requiem, right?

Indeed. You've seen what Jennifer Connely (sp?) did at the end of Requiem, right?

It's burned into my grey matter.