• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where is the Etiquette in eBay?

40 posts in this topic

I open cases after 3 days, if they don't wanna pay, then i want a refund from ebay.

Give a guy at least til payday.

while I agree with this, I would send a private message to the seller advising them of the timeframe BEFORE I bid to make sure they accept the condition rather than it being imposed upon them after the auction close. It is courtesy.

I open cases after 3 days, if they don't wanna pay, then i want a refund from ebay.

while I agree with this, I would send a private message to the seller advising them of the timeframe BEFORE I bid to make sure they accept the condition rather than it being imposed upon them after the auction close. It is courtesy.

Courtesy my *spoon*, courtesy is for *spoon*

:jokealert:

You make a valid point.

I'd just not bid until I had the cash. I don't even like preordering more than $100 worth of stuff, because who knows what the situation will be when it comes out.

Ebay should fine non paying bidders $10 and send to seller for their trouble-that would stop this nonsense

One week and the take some sort of action.

I usually wait a week and open up a case. I've never had a problem with repeat buyers, though, as I am strictly small-time. Still, this guy doesn't sound like he's worth the hassle.

Yeah, I typed that out on my mobile device so it was a bit short.

I typically send a reminder if I haven't heard from anyone in 3 or 4 days and as the week approaches I'd let them know that I am expecting payment or will take action. Politely of course.

Thats why the case won't close till after 7 days, not my fault he doesnt have the $$

I set up an automatic open case for unpaid item. The buyer knows it.

I know. I've had a few buyers lately that buy an item, then dissapear. No responses, no communication....just total radio silence..... then i file the NPB thing after a month. why buy something if you're not going to buy it. And if something happens and you can no longer make the numbers work, at least give the seller a heads up as a courtesy?!?!

It's happened again, this time with a Batman #244. I just got the fee credit, but I'd rather have the $166+ the book sold for. :( The person didn't pay and then just disappeared with zero response to all messages and the unpaid item case.

Peace,

Chip

It's happened again, this time with a Batman #244. I just got the fee credit, but I'd rather have the $166+ the book sold for. :( The person didn't pay and then just disappeared with zero response to all messages and the unpaid item case.

Peace,

Chip

I have my ebay listings set up so that if payment has not been received after 4 days, ebay automatically send a non-payment notice to the buyer. If the buyer has not paid by 3 days after that, the transaction is cancelled and ebay credits me the final value fee. There is no time to mess with these dead-beats and one week is long enough for buyers to come through with the payment.

Eh. I've been selling on eBay for 12 years. I won't get to the point you're at. :)

Peace,

Chip

I thought so too, but when you start selling more and more, keeping track of whos waiting to pay and stuff, automatic cases help out a lot. 1 thing you don't have to worry about.

Eh. I've been selling on eBay for 12 years. I won't get to the point you're at. :)

Peace,

Chip

I thought so too, but when you start selling more and more, keeping track of whos waiting to pay and stuff, automatic cases help out a lot. 1 thing you don't have to worry about.

The VERDICT has reached.................

The automatic unpaid assistant was not affecting him at all (the case will open automatically on May 24 that already fed me up). I decided to contact him and said simply, "I have been very patient. I think it is time to pay this item. I am sorry about your family having the health issue." Next day, he promptly paid.

I think it is too obvious that he made the excuse.

Most of you suggested me to block him. I think my words are aloud enough for him. :baiting: